Pawar calls for innovative technologies to face complex problems in farming sectorJuly 16th, 2009 - 6:50 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, July 16 (ANI): Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar today cautioned farm scientists against complacency and reminded them that agriculture was faced with much more complex problems than before.
Addressing scientists at the foundation day of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) here today, Pawar said, ‘Agriculture today is faced with much more complex problems of climate change, decreasing efficiency of input and new emerging issues of world trade.
“There is no room for complacency; we need to move ahead with new innovative technologies, policy support and greater investment in agriculture to sustain the food security,’ he added.
Lauding the contribution made by the agricultural research and education institutions in the country, he said that every ICAR Institute throughout the country has contributed substantially in developing appropriate technologies, products and services for the farmers. Agriculture sector occupies the centre stage of India’s social security and overall economic welfare.
“Since Independence, India has witnessed significant increase in production of foodgrains, oilseeds, milk, fish and fruits and vegetable. All these became possible due to application of cutting-edge-technologies coupled with positive policy support and hard work of farmers,” he added. (ANI)
- All time record in farm production: PM - Feb 20, 2012
- Punjab gets Borlaug institute of agriculture - Oct 02, 2011
- For agri help, 20 million farmers to dial in - Oct 28, 2011
- Three Borlaug institutes to come up in India - Oct 05, 2011
- Record 250 mn tonnes food grain production in 2012-13: PM - Feb 15, 2012
- Step up foodgrain production to meet growing demand: Pawar - Jul 16, 2010
- Intensive agriculture sustainable, ecologically more viable to solve food security concerns - Mar 03, 2011
- Rainfed-dryland farming needs more investment (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Sharad Pawar underlines use of Science and Technology to accelerate food grain production - Jul 16, 2010
- PMO directs focus on oilseeds, pulses for next Green Revolution - Sep 16, 2011
- Pawar asks agricultural scientists to evolve farmer oriented technologies - Feb 23, 2009
- Research culture crying need of India: Kalam - Jan 10, 2012
- ICAR undertakes major capacity building exercise - Dec 23, 2009
- Food grain production could hit record 250 mn tonnes: PM (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Pawar urges scientists to remove all misgivings regarding GM crops - Feb 17, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,