Pawan Kumar Bansal assumes charge as Minister for Water ResourcesJune 18th, 2009 - 5:16 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 18 (ANI): Pawan Kumar Bansal assumed charge as the Union Minister for Water Resources here today.
He was welcomed by Vincent Pala, Minister of State for Water Resources, U.N. Punjiar, Secretary and other senior officers of the Ministry.
Immediately after assuming the office, he was briefed by the Secretary and senior officers on various important issues concerning the Water Resources ministry including the priority areas. He also reviewed the status of various programmes and matters related to the ministry.
Bansal held the office of Minister of State for Finance and Parliamentary Affairs in the previous UPA Government. He has been re-elected to the 15th Lok Sabha and elevated as Cabinet Minister of Parliamentary Affairs in the new Government.
Bansal is a law graduate from Punjab University, Chandigarh and is Advocate by profession. He was elected as Member, Rajya Sabha in 1984 and served as Member of the Committee on Subordinate Legislation, Rajya Sabha during 1984-86, Member on Panel of Vice-Chairmen, Rajya Sabha and Member, Consultative Committee, Ministry of Human Resource Development from 1985-87.
He was elected to the 10th Lok Sabha in 1991, and re-elected to 13th Lok Sabha for the second term in 1999 and 14th Lok Sabha for the third term in 2004.
He also served as Chairman of the Joint Parliamentary Committee on 83rd Constitution Amendment Bill and Representation of People (Amendment) Bill as well as Chairman of the Committee on Communications and Committee on Privileges etc. (ANI)
- Bansal doesn't favour shifting parliament to new building - Aug 03, 2012
- Parliament passes MCI amendment bill - May 10, 2012
- Work on several anti-graft bills underway: Bansal - Sep 08, 2011
- Promotions quota bill Wednesday, says government - Sep 04, 2012
- Rajya Sabha to take up Lokpal debate Thursday (Third Lead) - Dec 28, 2011
- Rivers will be linked, says minister - Aug 08, 2011
- Haryana farmers stole Rajasthan water: minister - Aug 08, 2011
- Brief profile of UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee - Jun 15, 2012
- BJP's parliament disruption fascist: Bansal - Sep 07, 2012
- BJP played politics on Lokpal: Bansal - Dec 30, 2011
- Lokpal bill in monsoon session if panel reports early: Bansal - Aug 03, 2012
- No certainty about Lokpal bill in monsoon session, says Bansal (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Budget to be passed by March 24: Bansal - Mar 08, 2011
- Government begins efforts to reach consensus on Lokpal bill - May 10, 2012
- Bansal blames opposition for stalemate in parliament - Nov 25, 2010
Tags: 14th lok sabha, bansal, cabinet minister, constitution amendment bill, consultative committee, human resource development, law graduate, minister of state, ministry of human resource, ministry of human resource development, pala, parliamentary affairs, parliamentary committee, priority areas, punjab university chandigarh, resources ministry, subordinate legislation, union minister, vice chairmen, water resources