Paul Newman laughs off lung cancer rumoursJune 11th, 2008 - 6:53 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Jun 11 (ANI): American actor Paul Newman was forced to issue a statement about his health, after rumours that he is battling lung cancer.
The veteran actor laughed off reports that suggested he had just six months to live and that he was under hospital supervision.
The actor and humanitarian insisted that his medical crisis was nothing more than treatment of athlete’s foot and “hair loss”.
What scared people even further was after a recent photograph of him and lifestyle guru Martha Stewart was posted on her website earlier this week (begs02Jun08), showing the actor as being very frail and in ill health, Contactmusic reported.
Since the reports about his health seemed to be going haywire, his representative Jeff Sanderson had to contact the media to ease the mounting concern over the actor’s well-being, insisting Newman is “doing nicely”.
Sanderson was not able to say much about the well-loved stars current health situation, but he did say that Newman himself had instructed him to pass on the message.
On Monday (09Jun08), the Los Angeles Times reported the 83-year-old has reportedly been diagnosed with “terminal lung cancer” at New York’s Sloan-Kettering Center, where Newman is currently receiving outpatient treatment.
A spokesperson for the hospital said they had no information about whether Newman was a patient there, according to online reports. (ANI)
- Silence about Sonia's illness fans speculation - Aug 05, 2011
- Sonia recovering after surgery, makes some party appointments - Aug 06, 2011
- Secrecy continues to shroud Sonia's illness - Aug 08, 2011
- Long-term lung cancer survivors' breathlessness woes - Aug 03, 2010
- Copper surfaces reduce hospital infections: Experts - Feb 09, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi out of ICU - Aug 06, 2011
- Sonia in US for treatment, Rahul Congress in charge - Aug 05, 2011
- Human trials for single injection cancer cure to begin - Mar 07, 2010
- Sonia goes abroad for 'routine check-up', to return in 4-5 days (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sonia goes abroad for 'routine check-up', to return in 4-5 days (Second Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi recuperating, visitors banned - Sep 12, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi supporters pray outside New York hospital - Aug 08, 2011
- Experimental drug for advanced prostate cancer shows promise - Apr 15, 2010
- Michael Douglas - Has Nerves Of Steel - Dec 01, 2010
- Mamata wishes Sonia speedy recovery - Aug 08, 2011
Tags: american actor, athlete, current health situation, guru, hair loss, ill health, jeff sanderson, los angeles times, lung cancer, martha stewart, medical crisis, outpatient treatment, paul newman, photograph, six months, sloan kettering, spokesperson, terminal lung cancer, veteran actor