Patna HC rejects Pappu Yadav’s petition to contest pollsApril 2nd, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Apr 2 (ANI): The Patna High Court on Thursday rejected Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Pappu Yadav’s petition seeking suspension of a conviction in a murder case to enable him to contest the upcoming general elections.
Pappu Yadav, who has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for murdering Communist Party of India- Marxist (CPM) leader Ajit Sarkar, is currently out on bail.
A division bench comprising Justices Shiv Kirti Singh and Dharnidhar Jha disallowed him from contesting elections.
Rajesh Ranjan alias Pappu Yadav was convicted by a special CBI court in February 29, 2008 for his alleged involvement in the murder of Ajit Sarkar.
The court has sentenced Yadav to life imprisonment in the Tihar Jail.
Pappu had moved the Patna High Court against the verdict and got bail in January this year. (ANI)
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea - Feb 06, 2012
- SC issues notice to CBI on Pappu Yadav's bail plea (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Pappu Yadav's bail plea rejected by apex court - Oct 07, 2010
- Ajit Sarkar murder case: Supreme Court asks CBI to arrest Pappu Yadav - Aug 06, 2010
- Supreme Court quashes bail granted to Pappu Yadav - May 03, 2010
- For Bihar women candidates, husband's muscle power could backfire - Oct 19, 2010
- Nearly 60,000, including MPs and MLAs, convicted in Bihar in 5 years - Apr 11, 2011
- Apex court asks CBI to arrest Pappu Yadav - Aug 06, 2010
- Former RJD MP Pappu Yadav's bail cancelled - May 03, 2010
- Over 50,000 criminals convicted in Nitish-era Bihar - Sep 23, 2010
- Bihar Police hunt for former MP Pappu Yadav - Jul 15, 2010
- Bihar takes on crime with high conviction rate - Jun 08, 2010
- CBI arrests former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 16, 2010
- Bihar ready for round one of elections - Oct 20, 2010
- Jailed criminal from Nitish's camp wins - Nov 24, 2010
Tags: ajit, alias, cbi court, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, conviction, cpm, division bench, general elections, hc, janata, jha, kirti, life imprisonment, local court, murder case, pappu yadav, patna high court, sarkar, tihar jail