Patil says ”Nature Trail” will promote education among studentsDecember 13th, 2008 - 4:49 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Dec 13 (ANI): President Pratibha Patil today said that the President’’s Estate serves as an ideal platform for promoting education about natural and environmental awareness amongst students and visitors.
Inaugurating the ”Nature Trail”, inside the President’’s Estate, Patil said she was happy about the initiative taking shape and hoped that it would bring the President’’s Estate closer to the people.
She also hoped the public would learn more about the importance of the environment.
The Nature Trail is a result of Patil’’s keen interest to protect the ecological heritage of the Rashtrapati Bhavan and to bring the people closer to it.
It is a part of the Roshini Project, an effort taken on the directions of the President to ecologically make the President’’s Estate a green, energy efficient and a zero waste model township.
The ecological heritage of Rashtrapati Bhavan along with natural and managed eco system of the President’’s Estate is an ideal platform for promoting education about natural and environmental awareness amongst students and visitors.
The trail will allow visitors to walk through 75 acres of the President’’s Estate, which has a natural forest eco system, an agro-eco system and a pond-eco system.
It is proposed that the Nature Trail would become open to visitors coming to Rashtrapati Bhavan on Saturdays when the change of guard ceremony shall be held on the approach road to Rashtrapati Bhavan between north and south blocks. (ANI)
- President''s Nature Trail to have different summer timings for visitors - Mar 24, 2009
- President Patil to inaugurate ''Nature Trail'' at president''s estate - Dec 13, 2008
- President to open Nature Trail in President''s estate - Dec 12, 2008
- Youths must be sensitised about environment: President - May 30, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan's green initiative to get new logo - May 27, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: Viceregal lodge to India's presidential abode - Jul 24, 2012
- Patil inaugurates project to make President Estate environmental friendly - Jul 25, 2008
- President Estate gets ISO certification - Jul 25, 2010
- Metro is proud symbol of India's growth: Pratibha Patil - Jul 08, 2012
- Assam governor launches green project - Jun 05, 2012
- President's green initiative to be replicated by builders - May 19, 2011
- Rashtrapati Bhavan sets trend for eco-friendly township - Aug 01, 2009
- Mughal Gardens unfold floral carpets, 120 rose varieties - Feb 09, 2012
- President Patil felicitates Roshni logo contest winner (With image) - Jun 05, 2012
- President Patil inaugurates exhibition of innovations at Udyanotsav - Mar 14, 2011
Tags: approach road, ecological heritage, green energy, guard ceremony, importance of the environment, initiative, keen interest, model township, natural forest, nature trail, New Delhi, president pratibha patil, promoting education, rashtrapati bhavan, saturdays, taking shape, zero waste