Patiala court defers verdict in Kandahar hijacking caseJanuary 29th, 2008 - 7:20 pm ICT by admin
Patiala, Jan 29 (ANI): A special court here today deferred its verdict in connection with the Indian Airlines plane IC-814 hijacking case till February 5.
On January 18, Special Judge Inderjit Singh Walia had reserved his judgement for today against the three accused — Abdul Latif, Dalip Kumar and Yusuf Nepali.
The three were arrested on charges of conspiracy to hijack the Indian Airlines flight from Kathmandu to New Delhi on December 24, 1999.
They have been charged for helping the hijackers in procuring fake passports and to take weapons onboard. They have been lodged in the Patiala jail since 1999.
Over 120 witnesses have been examined in the case.
The weeklong hijack drama ended with the release of three dreaded terrorists, including Jaish-e-Mohammed (JEM) chief Maulana Masood Azhar, Ahmed Zargar and Sheikh Ahmed Omar Sayeed in exchange for 189 people on board the Indian Airlines flight.
The hijackers killed Rupen Katyal, 25, while had stabbed Satnam Singh several times but he survived. (ANI)
- India toughens anti-hijack policy, but remains vulnerable (12 years after IC-814 hijack) - Dec 23, 2011
- Conspirator of Kandahar hijacking may have been arrested - Apr 11, 2011
- Masood Azhar back in business, says Pakistani paper - Sep 07, 2011
- Pak national nabbed in Chile not IC-814 hijacking accused: Pakistan - Apr 14, 2011
- Three accused found guilty in Kandahar hijacking case - Feb 05, 2008
- Patiala court to give verdict in Kandahar hijacking case - Feb 05, 2008
- Arrested Jaish militant admits he helped IC814 hijackers enter India through Bangladesh - Mar 06, 2010
- Trying to verify identity of Pakistani held in Chile: Krishna - Apr 13, 2011
- India hands over 28 Pakistani prisoners - Aug 18, 2010
- Patiala court gives life imprisonment to IC-814 hijacking convicts - Feb 05, 2008
- Kandahar hijack planners came to India via Bangladesh: Jaish militant - Mar 06, 2010
- A decade after IC 814 hijack, India is more prepared - Dec 24, 2009
- JeM coordinator for India, Bangladesh nabbed in Dhaka (Lead) - Feb 28, 2010
- Naxal release of kidnapped cop similar to Kandahar, Rubaiya episodes: W.Bengal Home Secretary - Oct 24, 2009
- Delhi cops to quiz Kandahar hijacker on other terror attacks - Mar 03, 2010
Tags: conspiracy, fake passports, hijackers, indian airlines flight, indian airlines plane, jaish, jan 29, jem, judgement, kandahar, kathmandu, katyal, maulana masood azhar, mohammed, New Delhi, sayeed, several times, sheikh ahmed, special judge, walia