Patel against cartelization of airlinesFebruary 11th, 2009 - 8:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.11 (ANI): Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel on wednesday came out strongly against reports of cartelization amongst airlines.
The Ministry is against any cartelization amongst airlines. We will keep watch and take strict action in any such case. The national carrier Air India will never be a part of it and will ensure that competitive pricing ensures better prices to the passengers. Air India shall act as a counter with better pricing and competitive fares, Patel said.
Meanwhile, the Government today approved the handing over of the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport in Nagpur to a Joint Venture Company (JVC) comprising of Airports Authority of India (AAI) and Maharashtra Airport Development Company (MADC) Ltd., with 49 percent and 51 percent equity respectively.
Under the proposed JV, the airport will be upgraded to a world class multi-nodal international passenger and cargo hub in accordance with the MoU signed on December 18, 2006.
The AAI has been permitted to invest an amount of Rs. 4.90 crores in the equity of the JVC.
AAI will hand over all assets to MADC by February 28, 2009. (ANI)
- India formulating new air cargo promotion policy - Mar 14, 2012
- Govt. trying hard to manage air traffic delays: Praful Patel - Dec 27, 2010
- Airfare to rise along with fuel price, says Praful Patel - Jan 18, 2011
- Air India likely to receive 120 million rupee equity, says Praful Patel - Oct 20, 2010
- Private airlines owe Rs.304.65 crore to Airport Authority - Jul 29, 2010
- Flight carrying Kiran Bedi develops snag, diverted - Nov 13, 2011
- Joint venture for upgrading Nagpur airport approved - Feb 11, 2009
- Dire necessity to enforce airport security in India (Comment) - Aug 21, 2012
- India launches satellite-based navigation system - Aug 10, 2010
- Death at Guwahati airport raises questions on facilities - Jun 16, 2012
- Aviation sector can absorb 120 billion dollar investment, says Manmohan Singh - Feb 12, 2011
- Government warns airlines on high fares (Lead) - Nov 25, 2010
- Needless aircraft purchases, merger caused Air India mess: CAG (Roundup) - Sep 08, 2011
- Mumbai flights will continue: Kingfisher - Dec 01, 2011
- Air India aircraft acquisition was necessary: Patel - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: air india, airlines, airports authority of india, airports authority of india aai, assets, cargo hub, carrier air, cartelization, civil aviation, crores, dr babasaheb ambedkar, joint venture company, maharashtra, mou, nagpur, national carrier, New Delhi, praful patel, strict action