Paswan terms Nitish’s demand for ‘Special Status’ as ‘drama’May 15th, 2009 - 8:45 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, May 15 (ANI): Hours later Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar demanded ‘Special Status’ for his state, Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) Chief and Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan termed his demand as ‘drama’.
“Kumar’s demand for a special category status is mere drama. Whoever is making this demand is trying to hide his own weaknesses. Development has never been an issue for him,” Paswan told reporters here.
When asked what the Fourth Front do after declaration of the Lok Sabha results, Paswan said he would speak to the media only after discussions with alliance partners.
Earlier in the day, Nitish Kumar said that he would support that government which gives ‘Special Status’ to Bihar. He also went on to say that Bihar will be the deciding factor post polls, when the election results will be out.
Speaking at a book function here, Kumar said that the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh, had so far refused to give Bihar a ‘Special Status’.
He also said that the option of who will become the Prime Minister and who will be made Prime Minister is still open. (ANI)
- We will take special status for Bihar: Nitish Kumar - Aug 27, 2011
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Paswan's party colleague Sabir Ali joins JD-U - Nov 08, 2011
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan resume campaign after Chhath - Nov 14, 2010
- Nitish, Lalu, Paswan rakhis a hit in Bihar - Aug 23, 2010
- Paswan son-in-law attacked ahead of Bihar polls - Oct 11, 2010
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Special status must for Bihar's development: Nitish Kumar - Mar 14, 2011
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Bihar opposition parties demand Nitish Kumar's resignation - Jul 16, 2010
- Development overrides caste in Bihar battle - Oct 17, 2010
- Opposition wants CBI probe into money seizure - Mar 22, 2012
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Nitish Kumar rejects exit poll results - Nov 23, 2010
Tags: alliance partners, category status, chief minister, dr manmohan singh, election results, ljp, lok sabha results, manmohan, manmohan singh, polls, prime minister, ram vilas paswan, union minister, vilas