Party advertised on Facebook ends in chaos after 60 gatecrash the eventNovember 22nd, 2008 - 6:50 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 22 (ANI): A party for a 16-year-old girls birthday, which had been advertised on the social networking site Facebook, ended in chaos after 60 hooded youths gatecrashed the event.
The party at a community centre in south London was disrupted by the uninvited visitors, who entered the venue and refused to leave.
The event turned ugly when the gatecrashers started throwing chairs, shouting abuse at the party guests, and tucking into food and soft drinks before the police were called.
It was unbelievable. They (the gang) just walked in and refused to leave, the Telegraph quoted one youngster at the party, who didn”t want to be named, as saying.
But even when the police arrived the gatecrashers started pelting them with glass bottles from the windows of the community centre.
They were making fun of everyone and eating and drinking everything. They started throwing chairs and mucking around and when the police came they didn”t care they just started throwing bottles at them and laughing, the guest said.
It totally ruined the party. My friend is devastated and so upset she put her party on Facebook, the guest added.
The owner of the south London Baba Foundation community centre, which doubles as a restaurant, said that he was horrified when the massive gang appeared outside after reading about the party on Facebook.
Daniel Sisilu said that he blamed himself for the trouble on November 15 after putting only one bouncer on the door, and that he had agreed to the party because he was a friend of the teenage girl’’s mother.
I blame myself and I totally regret this. But I”ve been totally had, he said.
If you put an invite on Facebook then you are inviting the whole world to come along, he added. (ANI)
- British MP's party gatecrashed through Facebook - Aug 26, 2011
- Germany mulls banning wild Facebook parties - Jul 05, 2011
- White House gatecrashers give latest 'uninvited guest list' excuse - Sep 30, 2010
- Furtado was a 'hopeless rebel' - Sep 17, 2012
- Oz girl cancels Facebook birthday bash after 180K people accept invite! - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Third crasher' admits he attended Obama dinner, denies he crashed - Jan 06, 2010
- Cop injured as students clash in Panjab University - Nov 08, 2010
- Oz girl cancels Facebook party after 20,000 claimed they would attend - Mar 14, 2011
- Raj gatecrashes wife Shilpa's baby shower bash - May 04, 2012
- Pitt parties hard at Cannes sans Jolie - May 25, 2012
- Billy Ray worried about Miley Cyrus - Feb 16, 2011
- Barbara Cartland's guide on to the perfect New Year's Eve bash - Dec 27, 2010
- Rioters tried to torch car with baby - Aug 08, 2011
- British man groomed teenaged girls on Facebook for sex - May 28, 2011
- Noida police draw flak for exposing rape victim (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
Tags: 16 year old girls, baba, bouncer, chairs, chaos, facebook, foundation community, gatecrashers, glass bottles, november 15, party guests, social networking site, soft drinks, south london, teenage girl, telegraph, uninvited visitors, venue, youngster