Parliament Privileges panels summon Ronen SenNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:47 am ICT by admin
Lok Sabha Speaker Somnath Chatterjee had also referred the issue to the Committee headed by Congress MP V Kishorechandra Deo after receipt of a reply by the External Affairs Ministry.
Sen had expressed his unqualified apology to the MPs after they expressed their strong feeling over his remarks.
After this, the Ministry had pleaded that in view of unqualified apology by Sen, the matter be closed.
At a time when the opposition from the Left and opposition parties against the nuclear deal was at its peak, Sen had referred to those against the deal as “headless chickens”.
Both the Houses of Parliament had witnessed uproarious scenes over Sen’s remarks.
In his clarification, Sen said that he had used the remarks to refer to journalists and not MPs. (ANI)
- Ronen Sen to appear before Parliamentary committee - Nov 14, 2007
- Ronen Sen to appear before Parliamentary committee tomorrow - Nov 14, 2007
- LS Privileges Committee recommends letting off Ronen Sen with a reprimand - Nov 16, 2007
- Ronen Sen tenders unqualified apology before RS Privileges Committee - Nov 14, 2007
- Ronen Sen apologises before Parliamentary Privileges Committee - Nov 14, 2007
- Ronen Sen to appear before Rajya Sabha Privileges Committee - Nov 14, 2007
- Cash-for-votes scam: Congress pulls up BJP for disrupting Parliamentary proceedings - Mar 22, 2011
- BJP to serve breach of privilege notice against PM - Mar 21, 2011
- No prima facie evidence against Amar Singh: K.C. Deo - Jul 19, 2011
- Discussion on cash-for-votes scam as important as Finance Bill: Jaitley - Mar 22, 2011
- WikiLeaks: Walkout in Lok Sabha, Rajya Sabha adjourned (Roundup) - Mar 22, 2011
- My 'cash for votes' report not a closed chapter: K.C. Deo - Mar 17, 2011
- PM takes on opposition, denies Wiki leaks on cash-for-votes scam (Roundup) - Mar 18, 2011
- Congress MP who probed cash-for-votes scam wants deeper inquiry (Lead) - Mar 17, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Advani taunts government to jail him - Sep 08, 2011
Tags: apology, clarification, deo, deputy chairman, external affairs ministry, headless chickens, houses of parliament, Lok Sabha, mps, nuclear deal, opposition parties, privileges committee, rajya sabha, reply, ronen, somnath, strong feeling, upper house