Panthers Party to boycott meet with former interlocutorsAugust 30th, 2012 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 30 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir’s Panthers Party Thursday said it would not meet the two former interlocutors arriving in Jammu Sunday for a three-day interaction with political parties and members of civil society over a report on the state.
Alleging that the report neglected the Jammu region, legislator and senior party leader Harshdev Singh said the interlocutors’ report “does not address the years of discrimination faced by the Jammu region and there is no mention about the concerns raised by us.”
“We raised with them the need for economic development of Jammu, delimitation of the assembly constituencies and reorganisation of the region, among many other concerns. The report does not mention any of these points and is focused only on Kashmir,” he said.
A panel of three interlocutors - senior journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, academician Radha Kumar, and former information commissioner M.M. Ansari - was formed in Oct 2010 to look into various issues concerning the state.
After extensive deliberations with various political parties, the state government and members of civil society, the team submitted a report to the central government in Oct 2011.
Currently, former interlocutors Padgaonkar and Kumar are taking feedback from various political parties and members of civil society on the report, which will be later submitted to the union home ministry.
- J&K; parties boycott interlocutors' report - Sep 02, 2012
- Jammu parties boycott former interlocutors - Sep 02, 2012
- Jammu leaders pitch for delimitation of seats - Jan 18, 2011
- Karan Singh declines comment on interlocutors' report - May 25, 2012
- Protest over Jammu and Kashmir interlocutors' report - Mar 17, 2011
- Chidambaram to visit Jammu and Kashmir Feb 3 - Jan 30, 2011
- All-party meet on Kashmir report in November - Oct 26, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors ask BJP to reconsider flag hoisting plan - Jan 19, 2011
- Government to call all-party meet on J&K; panel report - May 31, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on 'meaningful autonomy' (Round-up) - Oct 12, 2011
- People of Kashmir want peace: Dileep Padgaonkar - Dec 21, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutors begin third visit from today - Dec 17, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutors meet PM, to submit interim reports - Oct 21, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutor Padgaonkar denies criticizing CM Abdullah - Dec 17, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report to Chidambaram - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: academician, ansari, assembly constituencies, central government, deliberations, delimitation, discrimination, economic development, information commissioner, interlocutors, jammu and kashmir, jammu region, kashmir, legislator, panthers party, party leader, political parties, reorganisation, state government, union home ministry