Pammie blasts Armani over fur clothing linesSeptember 20th, 2008 - 3:15 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 20 (ANI): Canadian born actress Pamela Anderson has joined forces with PETA, to stand against fashion designer Giorgio Armani.
The Baywatch babe is encouraging A-list stars to shun Armani, and not wear any of his creations.
The actress along with PETA are striking out at the Italian designer because he had reportedly failed to keep his promises, which were made last year, not to use fur in any of his clothing lines.
As revealed by PETA President Dan Matthews to the New York Post, Anderson will reveal her plans on Saturday (20Sat08) in Italy.
Her idea is to put “stars who attend Armani shows in the hot seat”, by urging them to wear the red carpet creations of other designers during the upcoming awards season.
“We feel betrayed. I have met with Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger and many other designers who once used fur but had a change of heart, and not one of them broke their promise, Contactmusic quoted Matthews as telling the newspaper. (ANI)
- PETA wants Oscar nominees to boycott fur-using Armani - Feb 04, 2009
- Will Pamela Anderson's sex appeal help pass anti-fur law in Israel? - Nov 08, 2010
- Pamela Anderson is PETA's Person of the Year - Jan 01, 2011
- Janet Jackson Poses For Blackglama & Fuels Fur Controversy - Jul 31, 2010
- Pamela Anderson urges Danish queen to avoid fur - Jul 29, 2011
- Pammie declares war on Cate Blanchett over fur use - Oct 02, 2008
- Combs, Simpson design Christmas tree for charity - Nov 15, 2011
- Holmes to become Hilfiger ambassador - Apr 19, 2012
- Pammie sets new 'Playboy' record - Dec 16, 2010
- Give fur the cold shoulder, says Penelope Cruz - Feb 02, 2012
- PETA director Pammie to save dogs affected by oil spill - Jul 31, 2010
- Pamela Anderson does not have hots for Brits - Sep 14, 2010
- Karl Lagerfeld's cat launches her own Twitter account - Jun 07, 2012
- Fuss over my PETA ad was good for the cause: Anderson - Aug 20, 2010
- Pammie glad over racy PETA ad ban in Canada - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: baywatch, baywatch babe, blasts, born actress, calvin klein, change of heart, clothing lines, designers, fashion designer giorgio, fur clothing, giorgio armani, hot seat, italian designer, new york post, pamela anderson, peta, promises, ralph lauren, red carpet, tommy hilfiger