Palin must save her Yahoo mails, says judgeOctober 13th, 2008 - 5:52 pm ICT by ANI
Anchorage (Alaska), Oct.13 (ANI): An Anchorage judge has ordered Alaska Governor Sarah Palin to preserve e-mails from private accounts she has used to conduct state business.
Superior Court Judge Craig Stowers on Friday also ordered Alaska’’s attorney general to recover messages from a Yahoo.com account of Palin’’s that was breached by hackers last month, reports The Washington Post.
That break-in prompted Sen. John McCain’’s presidential campaign to order closed at least one additional private account Palin maintained.
The judge issued the orders at the request of Andree McLeod, an Anchorage activist whose pursuit of Palin’’s e-mails revealed that the governor did considerable state business from a Yahoo e-mail address — an arrangement that avoided the safeguards and accountability of the state’’s secure e-mail system.
Last month a second Yahoo account maintained by Palin was hacked and images of its inbox were posted publicly online. The inbox included e-mails with subject lines that seemed clearly to relate to legislation.
Judge Stowers called the effort to recover and preserve Palin e-mails relating to state business “important” and noted that Alaska’’s public record law was last updated before the rise of the Internet. (ANI)
- Sarah Palin e-mail hacker gets one year in jail - Nov 13, 2010
- Palin's former staff asks for delay of over 25,000 emails for 15th time - Dec 29, 2010
- Sarah Palin's e-mail hacker sentenced to 1 year and 1 day in prison - Nov 13, 2010
- Palin gets restraining order after stalker 'threatens to rape her daughter' - Apr 15, 2011
- Palin ethics complaint has cost Alaska 1.9 million dollars - Jul 10, 2009
- Ex-aide attacks Sarah Palin in new book - Feb 20, 2011
- FBI serves warrant to Democrats son over hacking of Palins e-mail - Sep 23, 2008
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
- Sarah Palin takes legal action against teen stalker - Oct 02, 2010
- Sarah Palin's gun-toting stalker arrested in Alaska - Mar 08, 2011
- Sarah Palin slams rumours her husband cheated on her - Jan 30, 2011
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- Palins private e-mail account outside govts secure official e-mail system revealed - Oct 01, 2008
- Verdict In Deadlock In Sarah Palin Hacking Case - Apr 30, 2010
- Biographer Of Sarah Palin All Set To Leave - Sep 06, 2010
Tags: alaska governor, anchorage alaska, e mail address, e mail system, governor sarah palin, john mccain, private account, private accounts, rise of the internet, sarah palin, sen john mccain, state business, stowers, subject lines, superior court judge, washington post, yahoo account, yahoo e mail, yahoo e mail address, yahoo mails