Palin first gripped a gun at eight, had her first kill at tenSeptember 15th, 2008 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Anchorage (Alaska), Sept.15 (ANI): Alaska Governor and Republican vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin first gripped a gun at the age of eight and made her first kill at ten.
The moose hunting mum-of-five grew up shooting animals and skinning them on the spot before hauling the meat home for the family freezer.
Sarahs dad Chuck Heath told The Sun: Sarah was always very determined. Whatever she lacked in skill she always made up in determination. She always tried her hardest to be the best at everything she did. She was also very stubborn. I wasnt mean to her but I taught her discipline. But I could seldom bend her if shed made her mind up on something.
She is a really good shot. I taught her to shoot a moose and dress it, to fish and hunt for game. We raised our family to be able to support ourselves 90 per cent of our meat and fish we get ourselves, he adds.
He admitted he was in a dreamland when Palin accepted the offer to run with Presidential hopeful John McCain.
Heath, who retired from teaching science and now works for the Federal Wildlife Services Program, continued: I would tell those boys in Washington, Dont underestimate her.
Shes a hard worker and a determined lady. The Democrats wont break her.
Palin served two terms as mayor of her home town of Wasilla, then in 2006 became Alaskas youngest and first female governor.
Now, at 44, the former beauty queen aims to become the USAs first female Vice-President.
Until Sarah was named as McCains running mate, her neighbours could walk right up to her front door.
Now they have to get past a wall of state troopers and an army of secret service agents, dressed noticeably in black and whispering into radios. Just to be extra safe, two gunboats from the Alaska coastguard are on the fishing lake.
In Alaska, hunter Palin has an approval rating somewhere north of 80 per cent something akin to the Holy Grail in politics.
The Wasilla, locals explain it is for reasons including shes a darn good shot and doesnt take any nonsense from nobody to shes the best goddamn-looking governor in the country. (ANI)
- Palin hunts caribou in Alaska on reality show - Dec 07, 2010
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Ex-aide attacks Sarah Palin in new book - Feb 20, 2011
- Mama bear Palin accused of breaching countryside rules in TV nature show - Nov 14, 2010
- Julianne Moore praises Sarah Palin - Feb 28, 2012
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- Sarah Palin denies that her bus tour has been canceled - Jun 23, 2011
- 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' branded a 'snuff film' - Dec 09, 2010
- Sarah Palin all set to help john McCain - Jan 22, 2010
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Beauty queen who pipped Sarah Palin in Miss Alaska eyes political career - May 01, 2010
- Sarah Palin ruined 2008 elections for Republicans, says Bush - Nov 06, 2010
- Sarah Palin's documentary lacks audience - Jul 26, 2011
- Hunting expert grades Sarah Palin's shooting skills - Dec 09, 2010
- Sarah Palin accused of being a 'paranoid' woman - Feb 23, 2011
Tags: alaska governor, alaska hunter, anchorage alaska, beauty queen, chuck heath, family freezer, federal wildlife, female governor, fishing lake, gunboats, holy grail, john mccain, meat and fish, moose hunting, nominee sarah, presidential hopeful john mccain, running mate, sarah palin, secret service agents, wildlife services program