Palin being made a scapegoat over shopping to cover campaign failure: AideNovember 8th, 2008 - 1:57 pm ICT by ANI
New York, Nov 8 (ANI): A longtime aide of John McCains vice presidential nominee, Sarah Palin, has bashed critics claiming that the Alaska governor was unfairly being made a scapegoat for the Republican campaigns missteps.
Meg Stapleton gave a piece of her mind to anonymous critics inside the now defunct McCain-Palin team, claiming that they were inappropriately using Palins infamous 150,000 dollars shopping spree to cover up their misdeeds.
Stapleton insisted that it was the campaign officials who handed over a blank check to a New York stylist for Palins presidential makeover.
She also revealed that Palin did try to object to wearing a 3,500 dollars outfit, but the campaign staff pursued her to go ahead with it, saying Here’’s your people, here are your clothes.
In an interview to ABC News, Stapleton said that Palin was directed to buy her fancy wardrobe before Sept. 4, so that she could bill it to the Republican National Convention.
“They said, ”Bill the convention, under “wardrobe,” ” so that the cost could be hidden. And then they realized and they were told that’’s illegal,” The New York Daily News quoted Stapleton as saying.
She added: “Then they said, ”Okay, how do we make this legal and appropriate?” So they had somebody pay for it and then the RNC [Republican National Committee] would reimburse them.”
Speaking about another issue that Palin didn”t know Africa was a continent, Stapleton called it a “human mistake” the governor made during a briefing session.
“She knows it’’s a continent,” she said. (ANI)
- 67 percent Americans doubt Palin's presidential qualifications, finds poll - Oct 31, 2010
- Sarah Palin's help not required for the coming electoral race - Oct 12, 2009
- Palin fails to turn up GOP women's convention - Sep 02, 2009
- McCain waxes eloquent on Palin while likening her to "divisive" Reagan - Nov 29, 2010
- Oprah's Comments To 'Parade' Construed As U.S. Is Too Smart To Be Seduced By Sarah Palin's Presidency - Dec 24, 2010
- Republican National Committees $180K spending on Palin and family - Dec 07, 2008
- Sarah Palin to address annual conclave Saturday - Mar 17, 2011
- Palin's trusted aide resigns, to spend more time with family - Feb 25, 2010
- RNC keeping mum about Palin''s $150,000 Wardrobe - Mar 05, 2009
- Palin fuels presidential bid speculations by hiring chief of staff - Feb 13, 2011
- 'Bush thinks Palin not fit to be President' - Nov 07, 2010
- HBO releases 1st picture of Julianne Moore as Sarah Palin - Apr 28, 2011
- No takers for Sarah Palin in Republican gubernatorial race - Oct 10, 2009
- Sarah Palin To Bequeath The Keynote Address At The 'Reagan 100' Opening Banquet In California - Jan 28, 2011
- Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly Ayotte - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: abc news, alaska governor, anonymous critics, blank check, campaign officials, campaign staff, john mccains, longtime aide, new york daily news, nominee sarah, presidential nominee, republican campaigns, republican national committee, republican national convention, rnc, sarah palin, scapegoat, shopping spree, stapleton, york daily news