Palestinian President meets his President Pratibha PatilOctober 8th, 2008 - 12:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 8 (ANI): Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met his Indian counterpart Pratibha Patil here last evening.
Abbas also met Leader of Opposition L.K. Advani.
Earlier, Abbas and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh laid the foundation stone of the chancery-cum-residence complex of the Embassy of Palestine and formally dedicated the building to the people of Palestine from the people of India.
Dr. Singh also pledged 20 million US dollars to Palestine authority for budgetary support as well as for various development projects.
The gift is seen by some as a balancing exercise in view of its India’’s growing relations with Israel.
President Abbas is expected to visit Agra and leave New Delhi for Colombo on Thursday. (ANI)
- Palestinian Authority President to meet PM today - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine Authority President meets PM - Oct 07, 2008
- India gifts embassy to Palestine, pledge $20 million aid - Oct 07, 2008
- India gifts embassy to Palestinian Authority, pledges 20 million dollar grant - Oct 07, 2008
- India to gift embassy building to Palestine - Oct 05, 2008
- Palestine seeks India's support for statehood - Aug 25, 2011
- Peace in West Asia to dominate India-Palestine talks on Monday - Oct 05, 2008
- Mahmoud Abbas to arrive in India today - Oct 06, 2008
- Palestinian president arrives Monday on state visit - Sep 10, 2012
- Palestine leader heads to India next week (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- India pledges $10 mn for Palestine - Sep 11, 2012
- India to host Palestinian leader next week - Sep 07, 2012
- Abbas not to hold bilateral talks with Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Palestinians seek political, financial support from Baghdad Arab summit - Mar 26, 2012
- Abbas pledges to continue peace talks with Israel - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: authority president mahmoud abbas, budgetary support, chancery, development projects, dr singh, foundation stone, indian counterpart, israel president, l k advani, leader of opposition, mahmoud abbas, manmohan, manmohan singh, palestine authority, palestinian national authority, palestinian president, president mahmoud abbas, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, residence complex