Palestinian Authority President to meet PM todayOctober 7th, 2008 - 9:35 am ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 6 (ANI): Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas will meet Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh here today.
Abbas is likely to discuss the issues related to West Asia peace process during his meeting. He will also discuss how to further strengthen contacts between India and Palestine.
The Palestinian leader is also expected to apprise Dr. Singh about the latest developments in the region.
Before the talks, Abbas will be accorded a ceremonial reception at the forecourts of Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Besides, Abbas will also lay the foundation stone of the Chancery-cum-Residence complex of the Embassy of Palestine, being built as a gift of the government and people of India in the diplomatic enclave of Chanakyapuri in New Delhi.
President Abbas is scheduled to meet President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Opposition L.K. Advani and other leaders.
President Patil will host a banquet in honour of the visiting dignitary.
On Wednesday, President Abbas will visit Agra and leave New Delhi for Colombo on Thursday.
Abbas visit, his second to India since becoming President, is seen as an opportunity by India to demonstrate that it remains committed to the
Palestinian cause despite its growing relationship with Israel. (ANI)
- Palestine Authority President meets PM - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestinian president arrives Monday on state visit - Sep 10, 2012
- Peace in West Asia to dominate India-Palestine talks on Monday - Oct 05, 2008
- Mahmoud Abbas to arrive in India today - Oct 06, 2008
- Palestine leader heads to India next week (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- India committed to Palestinian cause: President - Sep 12, 2012
- India to host Palestinian leader next week - Sep 07, 2012
- India to gift embassy building to Palestine - Oct 05, 2008
- Palestine President hails India''s role in West Asia peace process - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine seeks India's support for statehood - Aug 25, 2011
- India gifts embassy to Palestine, pledge $20 million aid - Oct 07, 2008
- India gifts embassy to Palestinian Authority, pledges 20 million dollar grant - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestinian President meets his President Pratibha Patil - Oct 08, 2008
- India pledges $10 mn for Palestine - Sep 11, 2012
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
Tags: authority president mahmoud abbas, chanakyapuri, dignitary, diplomatic enclave, dr manmohan singh, dr singh, hamid ansari, l k advani, leader of the opposition, mahmoud abbas, manmohan singh, palestinian cause, palestinian national authority, peace process, president mahmoud abbas, president pratibha patil, progressive alliance, residence complex, sonia gandhi, west asia