Palestine President hails India’’s role in West Asia peace processOctober 7th, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 7 (ANI): Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas today said that India had played a great role in West Asia peace process.
Speaking after the ceremonial reception and the guard of honour at the forecourt of Rashtrapati Bhawan, Abbas said the relations between India and Palestine have always been good and that the two countries are making efforts to improve the same.
“You know how good relations we have, between India and Palestine since great Indira Gandhi and great Yasir Arafat. And everyday, it’’s improving. We are very glad with the help and the support of the Indian people to the Palestine,” said Abbas.
During his four-day visit, President Abbas is scheduled to meet President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Opposition L.K. Advani and other leaders.
President Patil will host a banquet in honour of the visiting dignitary.
On Wednesday, President Abbas will visit Agra and leave New Delhi for Colombo on Thursday.
Abbas” visit, his second to India since becoming President, is seen as an opportunity by India to demonstrate that it remains committed to the Palestinian cause despite its growing relationship with Israel. (ANI)
- Palestinian president arrives Monday on state visit - Sep 10, 2012
- India committed to Palestinian cause: President - Sep 12, 2012
- Palestinian Authority President to meet PM today - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine Authority President meets PM - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine seeks India's support for statehood - Aug 25, 2011
- Palestine leader heads to India next week (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Obama thanks Indians for their extraordinary hospitality - Nov 08, 2010
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
- US President's official itinerary in India - Nov 04, 2010
- Obama gets ceremonial welcome at Rashtrapati Bhavan - Nov 08, 2010
- Abbas not to hold bilateral talks with Iran - Aug 31, 2012
- Obamas ceremonially welcomed to India (Lead) - Nov 08, 2010
- India to host Palestinian leader next week - Sep 07, 2012
- India pledges $10 mn for Palestine - Sep 11, 2012
- Burmese general visits Gaya, to arrive in Delhi Monday - Jul 25, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,