Palestine Authority President meets PMOctober 7th, 2008 - 4:12 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct 7 (ANI): Palestinian National Authority President Mahmoud Abbas met Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh here today to discuss the issues related to West Asia peace process.
Later, an agreement on the construction and equipping of a school in the name of Jawahara Lal Nehru in Abu Dees in Palestine was signed.
Earlier, speaking to reporters after his ceremonial reception at the Rashtrapati Bhawan this morning the visiting dignitary expressed gratitude to India for its steadfast support for the Palestinian cause.
He also laid the foundation stone of the Chancery-cum-Residence complex of the Embassy of Palestine, being built in New Delhi as a gift of the Government and the people of India.
President Abbas is scheduled to meet President Pratibha Patil, Vice-President Hamid Ansari, United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Opposition L.K. Advani and other leaders.
President Patil will host a banquet in honour of the visiting dignitary.
On Wednesday, President Abbas will visit Agra and leave New Delhi for Colombo on Thursday. (ANI)
- Palestinian Authority President to meet PM today - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestinian president arrives Monday on state visit - Sep 10, 2012
- Palestine President hails India''s role in West Asia peace process - Oct 07, 2008
- India committed to Palestinian cause: President - Sep 12, 2012
- Peace in West Asia to dominate India-Palestine talks on Monday - Oct 05, 2008
- Mahmoud Abbas to arrive in India today - Oct 06, 2008
- Palestinian President meets his President Pratibha Patil - Oct 08, 2008
- India, Malawi ink four pacts to boost economic cooperation - Nov 03, 2010
- Palestine seeks India's support for statehood - Aug 25, 2011
- India gifts embassy to Palestine, pledge $20 million aid - Oct 07, 2008
- Palestine leader heads to India next week (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Indonesian President arrives in Delhi on three-day state visit - Jan 24, 2011
- India to gift embassy building to Palestine - Oct 05, 2008
- US President's official itinerary in India - Nov 04, 2010
- Hamid Ansari sworn in India's 14th vice-president - Aug 11, 2012
Tags: authority president mahmoud abbas, dignitary, dr manmohan singh, hamid ansari, l k advani, leader of the opposition, mahmoud abbas, manmohan singh, palestine authority, palestinian cause, palestinian national authority, peace process, president mahmoud abbas, president pratibha patil, progressive alliance, rashtrapati bhawan, residence complex, sonia gandhi, steadfast support, west asia