Paks first test-tube baby turns 19July 7th, 2008 - 2:56 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore , July 7 (ANI): The first Pakistani test-tube baby, born in Lahore , turned 19 yesterday. On this occasion, the pioneer of test-tube baby in the country Gynaecologist Prof Dr Rashid Latif Khan said that he was grateful to Allah for bestowing wisdom on him to serve childless couples.
It was a major breakthrough in the field of medicine in Pakistan when the first-ever test-tube baby was born on July 6, 1989, the Daily Times quoted him as saying.
He said that more then a thousand healthy test-tube babies, including sets of triplets and twins, had been produced.
Dr Latif said that for first time in the Pakistan , another ultra-modern microscopic technique called ICSI that enabled males having low number of sperms count produce children.
He said fertility of a woman declined after the age of 35 years. Younger the patient, more chances of success with IVF treatment, he said and added any couple that did not have a baby after two years of marriage must consult a qualified gynaecologist for proper treatment. (ANI)
- IVF cerebral palsy risks need serious consideration, say scientists - Nov 03, 2010
- Dads of test-tube babies may pass on infertility to sons - Feb 07, 2010
- Chinese couple have eight babies using IVF - Dec 19, 2011
- Britain's Bourn Hall opens second IVF clinic in India - Sep 07, 2012
- Surat parents celebrate freedom from infertility with help of IVF treatments - Aug 16, 2010
- Agra clinic delivers 1,000th test tube baby - Sep 09, 2010
- Hope floats for childless in city of lakes (Health Feature) - Aug 02, 2012
- Stillbirth risk increases fourfold in IVF mums: Study - Feb 24, 2010
- Indian surrogacy brings twin delights to Australian couple - Jan 08, 2012
- Brit IVF clinics under scanner following rise in treatment-related errors - Jun 15, 2009
- Overuse of extreme form of IVF may pass infertility to next generation - Feb 23, 2010
- First sperm cells grown in lab raise hopes for infertile men - Mar 24, 2011
- Growing number of single professional women having babies alone: Expert - Feb 27, 2011
- Test-tube sperm promises cure to male infertility - Mar 25, 2011
- British infertility clinic opens centre in Kerala - Apr 14, 2011
Tags: 35 years, allah, breakthrough in the field of medicine, childless couples, fertility, first test tube baby, latif khan, marriage, medicine, microscopic technique, pakistan, pioneer, prof dr, rashid latif, test tube babies, test tube baby, triplets, twins, wisdom