‘Pakistani wrestlers to take part in Kashmir competition’October 13th, 2010 - 12:47 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Oct 12 (IANS) A team of 10 Pakistani grapplers will take part in a wrestling competition in Katra town of Jammu and Kashmir Thursday, an organiser said.
The contest has been named “Mission Dosti: Rustam-e-India-Pakistan (Mission Friendship: India-Pakistan strongman)”.
According to Shiv Kumar Sharma, president of the Jammu and Kashmir Indian Style Association, 10 wrestlers from Pakistan would be taking part in the contest and will cross over into India via the Attari checkpoint in Punjab.
“Famous wrestlers of international and national repute from Maharashtra, Delhi, Harayana, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Chandigarh, the railways, Border Security Force, Jammu and Kashmir Police and the state would exhibit their wrestling talent in the contest,” he said.
Katra, 50 km north of Jammu, is the base camp of the Vaishno Devi shrine which has attracted nearly 150,000 pilgrims in the past five days of “Navratras” or nine holy days of fasting in the Hindu calendar.
- Two Kashmir wrestlers to compete in Pakistan (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Kashmiri wrestlers invited to India-Pakistan event - May 14, 2012
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- Sweets and greetings exchanged at Attari border - Aug 15, 2011
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Pilgrims throng Vaishno Devi on New Year - Jan 01, 2011
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Katra traders earn profits during 'Navratra' festival - Mar 23, 2010
- Indo-Pak wrestling competition to promote good relationship held - Oct 06, 2008
- Record pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi - Dec 25, 2011
- Now, e-tickets for chopper ride to Vaishno Devi - Apr 29, 2011
- Vaishno Devi shrine security beefed up - Mar 12, 2010
Tags: border security force, checkpoint, famous wrestlers, grapplers, himachal pradesh, hindu calendar, holy days, india pakistan, indian style, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, maharashtra, national repute, navratras, pakistan mission, pilgrims, railways, rustam, strongman, vaishno devi shrine