Pakistani troopers fire at Indian positions in KashmirSeptember 23rd, 2008 - 11:02 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 23 (IANS) Pakistani troopers allegedly fired at Indian positions Tuesday near the de facto border dividing Jammu and Kashmir between the two countries, police sources said.The sources told IANS that troopers from across the LoC fired at Indian positions in Krishna Ghati area near the Line of Control (LoC) in Poonch sector in the Jammu region resulting in injuries to an officer.
In yet another “violation” of bilateral ceasefire, naib subedar of Gorkha Rifles B.B. Rana was injured in the “unprovoked” Pakistani fire from Khatoon Begum post across the LoC, said the sources.
However, Northern Command sources in Udhampur denied there had been any firing from the Pakistan side Tuesday.
India has been accusing Pakistani troopers of violating the 2003 ceasefire time and again, the allegations Islamabad has rejected.
Defence sources say that Pakistan has violated the ceasefire for more than 30 times since January. The issue has become a cause of concern between the two nuclear armed neighbours.
The latest violation comes before a meeting between Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari in New York Wednesday.
Four guerrillas and two Indian soldiers were killed in a two-day long shootout in the same area Monday following which a flag meeting was held between Indian and Pakistani field commanders in the Poonch sector.
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- Indian, Pakistani troops battle on Kashmir border - Jun 19, 2012
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at Indian posts - Oct 27, 2010
- Army protests as soldier dies in Pakistani firing - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- All quiet at LoC, day after six-hour firing - May 24, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011