Pakistani rock band ‘Jal’ launches its second music album in MumbaiApril 16th, 2008 - 12:09 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, Apr 16 (ANI): Jal, a famous rock band from Pakistan, launched its second music album named ‘Boondh’ in Mumbai.
The band, which was formed in 2002 in Lahore, shot to fame after its first album ‘Aadat’ was released in December 2003. A song from this album ‘Lamhee’ was number one on the music charts in Pakistan for a sizeable period of time.
The band has a sizeable following among teenyboppers on the other side of the border.
Gohar Mumtaz, a guitarist, vocalist-composer and lyricist of the band, narrated how this band was formed.
“I always wanted to have a band of my own and a common friend introduced Farhan Saeed to me. Then we jammed together for five-ten minutes and thereafter we started our performances. We never looked back after 2003 album ‘Aadat’ was released. Our song ‘Lamhein’ was number one on the music charts in Pakistan for six-eight weeks,” said
‘Boondh’ which features Bollywood actress Amrita Rao in its video has 12 songs, including two unplugged versions and two remixes.
Farhan Saeed, a lead vocalist of the band, explained in detail why the album was titled ‘Boondh’.
“‘Boondh’ is not the name of any song in the album, but is basically the theme of the album and covers all the songs in it. The name suggests that we the band is just a small droplet of water in the sea of music, which covers India, Pakistan, Asia and the entire world where our music is heard. It is our small contribution to the sea of music,” said Farhan.
The main focus of the band is on pop and soft rock genre, with melody and lyrics being the chief ingredients.
The music launch was followed by a live performance, where the band with guitars belted out song tracks from the new album along with other classic Bollywood tunes. (ANI)
- Pak Band 'Jal' To Compose For Bollywood Films - Jun 17, 2010
- Shafqat wants youngsters to take songs to next generation - Jul 04, 2012
- India rocks, say 'Poets of the Fall' - Aug 28, 2012
- Music band dedicates 'Amitabh uncle' to Big B - May 12, 2012
- Our music inspiration for youth: Kailash Kher - Feb 02, 2012
- Pakistani singer set for four-city India tour - Aug 20, 2010
- Bhayanak Maut's 'Shaitan' connection - May 16, 2011
- Indian Ocean back to Bollywood with 'Peepli Live' - Jul 14, 2010
- Pakistani band Raeth returns with new album - Jul 29, 2010
- Rihanna sets new record with latest album - Nov 28, 2011
- A song and a story: Changing music of modern India (June 21 is World Music Day) - Jun 18, 2011
- 'We're not rock stars, we're musicians' - Apr 04, 2012
- Voices of South Asia: 15 young bands forge new cultural engagement - Dec 13, 2010
- Popular Norwegian band influenced by Indian sounds - Dec 21, 2010
- Reality shows draw youths to instant fame, says Tochi Raina (With Image) - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: aadat, amrita rao, chief ingredients, droplet of water, entire world, gohar mumtaz, guitarist, india pakistan, jal, live performance, lyricist, music album, music charts, music launch, new album, pakistani rock band, rock genre, second music, teenyboppers, vocalist