Pakistani products a major hit at Chandigarhs International Trade ExpoDecember 6th, 2007 - 6:22 pm ICT by admin
Chandigarh, Dec 6 (ANI): Pakistan products, apparel and cuisine were a major hit among the visitors and traders at the International Trade Expo in Chandigarh, which concluded yesterday.
Over 100 exhibitors from Pakistan, Burma, Malaysia, Switzerland and Poland, besides a large number from India, participated in the exhibition organised to spur business with the foreign countries from December 1.
About 35 Pakistani exhibitors displayed cuisine, traditional apparel, footwear, handicrafts and several other ethnic products at the expo.
“The paramount attribute of our products, is that they are completely Pakistani. No material has been taken from anywhere else,” said Sayyada Dhanji, an exhibitor from Pakistan.
The major attraction at the expo were Onyx, the gleaming stone in various hues that lends itself beautifully to be moulded into a variety of articles ranging from decorative artefacts to stunning pieces of furniture.
A wide range of Onyx handicrafts were on display at the Pakistan pavilion. Indians consider Onyx as a lucky stone and onyx artefacts are quite a craze in India.
Visitors said they would like more such expos to be organised.
I met few people who are in direct contact with garment manufacturers of Pakistan. I feel that more and more people should come forward and buy products from Pakistan and should promote import,” said Yogeeta, a visitor.
The five-day long International Trade expo was organised by the PHDCCI (Punjab Haryana Delhi Chamber of Commerce and Industry).
“The expo has allowed people to showcase their products. And from the consumer point of view, it has given an opportunity to Chandigarh residents to buy products like Marble-Onyx, which has arrived form Pakistan,” P K Verma, Regional Director, PHDCCI.
This is the second exhibition organised by the PHDCCI. The first was organised at Amritsar in 2005, which was entirely of Pakistani products and food.
Pakistan stalls at the 27th India International Trade Fair held in New Delhi last month witnessed long queues of Indians holding out for spices and the embroidered fabric. (ANI)
- Food, handicrafts galore at trade fair - Nov 12, 2011
- India, Pakistan trade bodies sign pact - Jun 04, 2012
- Pakistani businessmen upbeat on MFN - Nov 17, 2011
- Punjab aims to develop Amritsar as expo hub - Dec 14, 2010
- International trade fair begins Monday - Nov 13, 2011
- Creative stone works draw huge crowds at trade fair - Feb 02, 2012
- Amritsar looks at trade revival - with Pakistani help - Dec 20, 2010
- Pakistan expo aims to reap trade benefits, goodwill - Apr 12, 2012
- Pakistani traders gush about business trip to Chandigarh - Nov 02, 2010
- Fifty new vehicle launches at Auto Expo 2012 - Dec 21, 2011
- Pakistani traders do brisk business at trade fair - Nov 21, 2011
- Over 85 Pakistani firms expected at Chandigarh fair - Oct 28, 2010
- 'Made in Pakistan Expo' in Mumbai - Aug 30, 2012
- Hyundai to showcase multi-purpose vehicle HND-7 at Auto Expo - Dec 29, 2011
- Lifestyle Pakistan aims at direct India-Pakistan trade - Apr 10, 2012
Tags: artefacts, buy products, chamber of commerce and industry, chandigarh, contact, ethnic products, exhibition organised, exhibitors, garment manufacturers, handicrafts, India, international trade, lucky stone, marble onyx, pakistan, pakistani products, stunning pieces, trade expo, traditional apparel