Pakistan yet to respond on India’’s dossier, says Mukherjee

February 3rd, 2009 - 3:23 pm ICT by ANI  

New Delhi, Feb 3 (ANI): External Affairs Minister Pranab Mukherjee, on Tuesday, asserted that India is yet to receive any official response on the dossier it has sent to Pakistan on the 26/11 Mumbai attacks.
This statement contradicted National Security Advisor MK Narayanan’’s claim that Islamabad has reverted to the Indian dossier.
Narayanan had remarked that Pakistan was probing the Mumbai attacks in a manner an investigating agency should proceed by sending queries related to the dossier.
However, Mukherjee said that the security advisor’’s remarks were his own and the fact of the matter is that India has not received any official communication from Islamabad about the investigation as yet.
Mukherjee had said earlier that India “hardly” has any choice except to patiently wait for Pakistan to respond to the dossier.
India had sent a dossier of evidence on January 5 and has since been waiting to receive an official response on it. Pakistan had assured of reverting back on India’’s dossier soon but has till now failed to fulfill the commitment. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |

Subscribe