Pakistan trained militant arrested in J-KAugust 24th, 2008 - 8:42 pm ICT by ANI
Doda (Jammu and Kashmir), August 24 (ANI): Jammu and Kashmir police on Sunday arrested a Pakistan trained militant in Doda district in the State.
Working on a tip off, a joint team traced down the militant Farooq Ahmed who was on his way to deliver an amount of 11 95, 000 rupees to Iqbal Malik, a Deputy Divisional Commander of the Lashkar-e-Tayyaba (LeT) outfit.
The LeT (Lashkar-e-Tayyaba) militant is the cousin of Iqbal Malik and he is working with him only. We have recovered 195,000 rupees from him, said Raghubir Singh, Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Doda.
Farooq said he is a Pakistan trained militant who has worked with Harkat-ul-Jihad-e-Islami (HUJI) earlier, but surrendered later.
During the interrogation, he admitted that Iqbal, his cousin had given him the consignment and he had collected the bag full of cash from Lal Chowk area of Srinagar.
I was a militant since 1999. I got my three months training in Pakistan. I came back to India in 2000, then I went to Lucknow, there I worked for some time, then I went to Jammu, there I surrendered. After I was released from the jail, I went to Himachal and it has been some two-three years that I have been living there, said Farooq Ahmed, the arrested militant.
Farooq revealed that after surrendering, he started working for LeT as a courier boy.
Meanwhile, the arrested militant is being intensely questioned by police to know about his other activities as well as associates. (ANI)
- Pak-based Lashkar-e-Tayyaba splits to form deadly Punjabi Taliban in Afghanistan - Nov 02, 2010
- Two LeT militants surrender in Kashmir - Aug 22, 2010
- Mumbai attacks aimed at igniting Indo-Pak war: Malik - Jun 29, 2010
- Hizbul Mujahideen militant arrested in Jammu region - May 16, 2012
- LeT wiped out from three Jammu districts: Police - Aug 04, 2011
- Two LeT militants killed in J-K encounter - Apr 24, 2011
- Two top militants killed in Indian-controlled Kashmir - Apr 24, 2011
- Two militants killed in Kashmir (Lead) - Aug 07, 2011
- US slaps sanctions on terrorist groups behind Mumbai attacks ahead of Obama visit - Nov 05, 2010
- LeT terrorist killed in Kashmir, commander escapes - May 25, 2011
- Pakistan media plays down Hamza arrest - Jun 26, 2012
- US concerned over ISI's links with Lashkar, Haqqani network - Jul 28, 2010
- ISI has floated new terror outfit, says militant - Aug 30, 2010
- 'Dangerous organization' LeT becoming global threat, warns Admiral Mullen - Jul 25, 2010
- Slain LeT leader was not given surrender option: Army - Sep 15, 2011