Pakistan releases second batch of 100 Indian fishermenSeptember 3rd, 2010 - 8:55 pm ICT by ANI
Wagah, Sep.3 (ANI): Pakistan Rangers handed over a second batch of 100 Indian fishermen to India’s Border Security Force (BSF) at the Zero Line on Friday afternoon after a court in Pakistan ordered the release 442 fishermen who had completed their prison terms.
Pakistan had released the first batch of 100 Indian fishermen through Wagah land route on August 31. According to available information, the third and forth batch of Indian fishermen would be released next week.
Indian and Pakistani fishermen are often arrested for violating maritime boundaries of each other’s country inadvertently. Unfortunately most of them spend many years in jails of India and Pakistan even after completing their terms.
The released Indian fishermen urged their government to reciprocate the Pakistan gesture by releasing Pakistani fishermen who have been in Indian jails and have completed their jail term. (ANI)
- Pak releases last batch of Indian fishermen - Sep 07, 2010
- 101 Indian fishermen return home from Pak through Wagah land route - Sep 05, 2010
- Pak releases 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 15, 2011
- India repatriates 31 Pakistani fishermen - Jan 02, 2010
- Pakistan to release 89 Indian fishermen - Apr 11, 2011
- India releases eight Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post - Mar 08, 2011
- Pakistan releases 180 Indian prisoners (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- India hands over four Pakistani prisoners at Wagah border - Jun 30, 2010
- Pak releases another batch of 100 Indian fishermen - Sep 02, 2010
- 14 Indians released from Karachi jail - Jul 28, 2011
- Pakistan releases 100 jailed Indian fishermen - Aug 30, 2010
- Pakistan frees 100 Indian fishermen - Aug 30, 2010
- India releases 20 Pakistani prisoners at Wagah check post - Mar 01, 2011
- India releases 19 Pakistani fishermen - Jun 01, 2010
- Pakistan releases 100 Indian fishermen, to hand over at Wagah on Tuesday - Aug 30, 2010