Pakistan players not to participate in Indian Premier League: Lalit ModiFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 11:21 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 2, (ANI): Indian Premier League chairman Lalit Modi on Monday confirmed that Pakistani players will not be participating in the upcoming high profile tournament.
Pakistan Cricket Board had advised its players not to participate in IPL, as the situation is not favorable between both the countries.
Modi will not put any Pakistani player for the auction.
Pakistan Sports Minister Aftab Jilani had earlier stated the situation was not conducive for Pakistan cricketers to travel to India.
Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) had asked the Foreign Ministry to confirm if Pakistani players were allowed to participate in the IPL.
The IPL authorities had warned Pakistani players if their government stops them to take part in the tournament, they would not be paid anything but if Indian Government refuse them to participate then they would be fully compensated.
Yasir Hameed, Yasir Arafat, Asim Kamal, Danish Kaneria and Mohammad Hafeez were due to appear in the IPL player auction in Goa. (ANI)
- Pakistan bars its cricketers from IPL (Lead) - Feb 02, 2009
- Pakistan bars its cricketers from IPL - Feb 02, 2009
- Pak Foreign Office bars cricket players from visiting India for IPL auction - Feb 02, 2009
- Pakistan tops the list in IPL auction registration - Jan 03, 2010
- Kamran, Naved in 30-man preliminary Pak World Cup squad - Jan 05, 2011
- Banned Younis, Malik and ageing Akhtar in PCB's list of 35 probables for Asia Cup - May 26, 2010
- Ex-Indian cricketers differ on banning Pakistan players from IPL - Jan 30, 2009
- Pak cricketers to miss IPL again following omission from fourth edition auction list - Dec 22, 2010
- 'Whistleblower' Yasir not banned from playing in national T20 championship: PCB - Oct 08, 2010
- PCB seeks government clearance for players' participation in IPL - Nov 24, 2009
- Kaneria not cleared, say ICC and PCB - Feb 20, 2012
- Danish Kaneria cleared of spot-fixing charges - Jun 05, 2012
- Afridi, Akmal not in new PCB contracts - Aug 08, 2011
- Kaneria likely to be "unavailable for whole series" in UAE: Intikhab Alam - Nov 08, 2010
- Eighty-seven overseas players for IPL auction - Jan 29, 2009
Tags: aftab, asim kamal, danish kaneria, feb 2, foreign ministry, india pakistan cricket, indian government, ipl, jilani, lalit, modi, mohammad hafeez, pakistan cricket board, pakistan cricket board pcb, pakistan cricketers, pakistan players, pakistan sports, player auction, premier league, yasir arafat