Pakistan inching ahead to bestow MFN status to India: KhullarApril 29th, 2011 - 4:59 pm ICT by ANI
By Sawinder Singh
Amritsar, Apr 29 (ANI): Commerce Secretary Rahul Khullar, who returned after a two-day long secretary level talks with his Pakistani counterpart Zafar Mahmood, on Friday said Pakistan is inching ahead to bestow Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to India.
He said the talks on the issue within Pakistan were at an advanced stage and that all the consultations would be complete by November.
Khullar, who walked home though the Attari border check post, said the talks with Pakistan Commerce Secretary Mahmood were held in a positive atmosphere.
“The mood was positive all around. We talk on all the issues and some important points including MFN status to India were discussed in detail and in a highly positive manner. The talks were not general, but on specific issues and more talks will be planned in the near future on the diverse issues of trade and commerce,” he said.
Khullar said he has invited his Pakistani counterpart to come to India in November, which he has readily accepted, so that all the talks are given a final shape.
He further said the Indian High Commission in Pakistan had arranged a dinner, which was attended by Pakistani businessmen in large numbers and all they wanted was good trade ties with India.
“We also discussed that Lahore-Amritsar trade ties were traditional and need to be strengthened more and with the integrated check post getting ready at Attari, the trade and commerce will be more strengthened,” said Khullar.”The trade will bounce back between the two countries. The improving trade ties would also work as a confidence building measures, which would further ensure peace and prosperity between the two countries,” he added.
Rahul Khullar and his Pakistani counterpart met in Islamabad on Wednesday to start the fifth round of Indo-Pak Commerce Secretary-level talks to further bilateral trade and economic relations through the composite dialogue process. (ANI)
- Commerce Secretary Khullar leaves for Pakistan - Apr 26, 2011
- India, Pakistan focus on implementing trade deal - Nov 14, 2011
- Pakistan to finalise 'negative list' by February - Nov 15, 2011
- Pakistan intends to give MFN status to India: Daily - Apr 30, 2011
- Indo-Pak Commerce Secretary-level trade talks begin today - Apr 27, 2011
- India, Pakistan agree to consider PTA (Lead) - Apr 28, 2011
- Pakistan envoy meets Chidambaram; says no U-turn on MFN - Nov 04, 2011
- India, Pakistan to dismantle trade barriers (Round-up) - Feb 13, 2012
- CII looking forward to meeting between Indo-Pak Commerce Secretaries - Apr 25, 2011
- MFN status unlikely during Sharma's Pakistan visit - Feb 13, 2012
- India, Pakistan to soon ink customs cooperation deal - Sep 04, 2012
- India's commerce secretary to visit Pakistan next week - Apr 21, 2011
- India, Pakistan to revive bilateral trade panels - Apr 28, 2011
- Pakistan commerce minister in India September-end, MFN likely - Sep 05, 2011
- Trade potential making India, Pakistan lift barriers - Feb 20, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,