Pakistan has violated ceasefire 58 times since 2003: AntonyOctober 20th, 2008 - 5:58 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Oct.20 (ANI): Defence Minister A.K.Anthony on Monday told Members of Parliament that Pakistan has violated the ceasefire on 58 occasions since November 26, 2003.
Replying to a question in Parliament, Antony said that since January 2008, Indian positions on the Line of Control (LoC) have been fired upon 34 times, while the total ceasefire violation by Pakistan has occurred on 58 counts.
Antony said that on each occasion, the Government of India had registered its protest with the Government of Pakistanthrough the established mechanisms of hotline, flag meetings as well as weekly talks between the Director General of Military Operations.
He also said that strong retaliatory action had been taken whenever such violations of the LoC had occurred. (ANI)
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- ISI has reactivated terror camps in Pakistani Kashmir: India - Aug 09, 2011
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistan, Indian troops exchange fire - Aug 18, 2011
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistan helping terrorists to sneak into India: army chief (Lead) - Sep 04, 2009
- Infiltration on rise in Jammu and Kashmir: Army chief - Sep 04, 2009
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate LoC five times - Aug 10, 2011
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire, Indian soldier injured - Jan 13, 2011
- Soldier injured in Pakistani firing on LoC - Jun 17, 2012
- 450 terrorists waiting to enter India, says army - Oct 25, 2010
- Pakistan Army, Rangers fire on Indian posts on LoC, border (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistani troops violate ceasefire in Kashmir - Aug 26, 2011