Pakistan Army rockets Indian posts in Kashmir: armySeptember 29th, 2010 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Sep 29 (IANS) The Pakistani Army fired mortar shells at five Indian posts along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir, prompting the Indian Army to retaliate, military sources said Wednesday.
The Pakistanis fired over 40 mortars and rockets at the Kirpan, Kranti, Roza Battal and Nanga Tekri posts in the Krishna Ghati and Jhallas sectors Tuesday night, the sources said.
These posts are in the high mountains of Poonch district, 240 km north of Jammu. There was no damage to the posts.
The Pakistani Army was not only trying to escalate tensions but seeking to push a group of infiltrators into India, army sources said.
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistan violate ceasefire again, fire at Indian posts in Poonch - Sep 29, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at six Indian posts (Night Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire at Indian posts (Lead) - Sep 19, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire mortars at Indian posts - Sep 19, 2010
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire, targets three Indian posts on LoC (Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- One Indian soldier injured in six-hour firing on LOC (Third Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire mortars on LoC, one Indian soldier hurt (Second Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Pakistani troops target Indian border posts - Jan 05, 2012
- Pakistan violates ceasefire along LoC (Second Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: army sources, ghati, high mountains, indian army, infiltrators, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kirpan, krishna, loc, military sources, mortar shells, mortars, pakistan army, pakistani army, pakistanis, poonch, rockets, tensions, tuesday night