Pakistan Army fires at Indian post violating ceasefire agreementJune 3rd, 2009 - 8:08 pm ICT by ANI
Kashmir, June 3(ANI): In what is seen as a violation of the ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan, the Pakistani Army on Wednesday fired at the Indian posts near the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir.
“Pakistani troops fired three to four bursts in Saujian sector of Rajouri at 10.45 a.m. today. The unprovoked firing, which was not retaliated, caused no damage,” an Indian Army official said.
The ceasefire agreement between the nuclear-armed neighbours was signed more than five years ago.
“The Indian Army has taken a serious note of the ceasefire violation. We shall be sending a message across and ask the reason for this violation,” the official added.
This is not the first time that Pakistan has violated the ceasefire agreement.
Earlier, firing of two mortar shells at the Indians post were reported on May 9, 2009. (ANI)
- Pakistan Army fires at Indian posts in Kashmir - Jun 03, 2009
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pakistan ready for flag meeting after firing - Jun 22, 2012
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire at six Indian posts (Second Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- BSF trooper killed in cross border firing in Jammu - Aug 17, 2012
- One Indian soldier injured in six-hour firing on LOC (Third Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Pakistan again violates LoC truce - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistani troops fire mortars on LoC, one Indian soldier hurt (Second Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Pakistani, Indian troops battle on Kashmir border (Third Lead) - Aug 19, 2010
- Indian Army lodges protest over LoC firing (Lead) - Sep 29, 2010
- Pakistani Army shells Indian posts in Kashmir - May 10, 2009
Tags: army official, ceasefire agreement, fires, india and pakistan, indian army, indians, jammu and kashmir, june 3, kashmir, mortar shells, neighbours, pakistan army, pakistani army, pakistani troops, sending a message