Pakistan agrees that Indias dossier has proof of a citizens involvement

January 18th, 2009 - 1:13 pm ICT by ANI  

Islamabad/ New Delhi, Jan 18: Finally acknowledging Indias 26/11 dossier on Mumbai terror attacks, Pakistan Prime Ministers advisor on Interior Affairs Rehman Malik said it contained leads and good clues of the involvement of Pakistani elements in the disastrous Mumbai attacks.

Malik said that the three-member counter-terror team has been asked to complete the probe in 10 days.

He conveyed that Pakistan wished a cooperative engagement with India as war is no solution to the problem of terrorism, which is a global phenomenon.

He further informed that no case regarding the Mumbai attacks has been registered in Pakistan so far, and if an immediate proof is available on record, it will be converted into a criminal case. He, however, made it clear that the probation is not time bound, saying it would depend on the judiciary.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi said the Interior Ministry is examining India’’s dossier that was handed over to Pakistan on 5 January. He agreed with Maliks idea of cooperative engagement and assured a first-hand report of the probe results. (ANI)

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in National |

Subscribe