Pak woman threatens suicide if separated from Indian husbandNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:18 am ICT by admin
Shabnam, married two years ago after falling in love with Sajjad during his visit to Gujranwalla, is requesting for an Indian citizenship.
Sajjad on his return to his home in border district of Budal could not bring his wife along. Shabnam could manage an Indian visa to meet her husband after a long struggle.
She now wants to permanently stay back with her husband along with their infant son who is also a Pakistan born.
Sajjad Ahmed’s family members also want Shabnam to permanently stay back inndia.
Sajjad’s brother Khusheed Ahmed said, ” We want that she should stay in India. We want Indian government to grant her Indian citizenship and she should stay here in India.”
A senior state official is reported to have said that the government would look into the legalities of the matter. (ANI)
- Indian woman hangs herself in UAE - May 19, 2012
- Punjab NRI panel asks police to trace runaway husband - May 16, 2012
- Techie returns from US to commit suicide - Sep 03, 2012
- Yuvi returns in blaze of flashlights - and good wishes - Apr 09, 2012
- Vidharba woman who inspired Rahul Gandhi gives BJP the slip - Oct 19, 2011
- Rihanna hunts house in Britain - Apr 23, 2012
- Malaysian woman loses citizenship after her name appears in Indian voters list - Jul 05, 2010
- Woman 'commits suicide' by jumping into crocodile pit - Sep 06, 2012
- Woman loses Malaysian citizenship as name in India voters' list - Jul 05, 2010
- Three commit suicide as daughter-in-law files case - Jul 20, 2012
- Stunned over Pallavi's death: Excel Entertainment officials - Aug 11, 2012
- Rahul's Kalavati retreats behind wall of silence - Oct 19, 2011
- Young Bengaluru bride dumped for dowry, returns home - Mar 17, 2011
- Woman hangs herself to death in Delhi - May 15, 2012
- Indian diplomat asked to pay $1.5 mn to abused housemaid - Feb 24, 2012