Pak to get 4 more refurbished F-16s from US on July 28July 17th, 2008 - 12:14 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , July 17 (ANI): The US will hand over four more F-16s to the Pakistan Air Force on July 28. These jets have reportedly been upgraded and modified to the extent that they will perform just like new F-16s.
A ceremony for handing over of the planes to the Pakistan Air Force will be held at the PAF Base Mushaf, reported The News.
Last month, the Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Operations), Air Marshal Rao Qamar Suleiman, had received four Fighting Falcons from Lt Gen Gary L North, Commander 9th Air Force, and the USAF Central Command while four were received last year.
These refurbished F-16s have the same operational capability as of those already possessed by the PAF and will significantly augment its combat capability, added the paper.
Meanwhile, state-of-the-art JF-17 Thunder fighter aircraft will be inducted as regular squadron of the PAF by the year end.
The small batch production of the JF-17 Thunder multi-role aircraft is in progress both in China and the Kamra Aeronautical Complex. The PAF is in the process of completing the testing and evaluation of aircraft jointly produced by Pakistan and China . After completion of the evaluation, the new aircraft will be certified by international monitors to become operational in the air forces of the world.
Serial production of the JF-17 Thunder will also start in Pakistan soon. In the first phase 40 percent, in the second 60 percent, in the third phase 80 percent, and in the last phase 100 percent JF-17 Thunder warplanes will be built at the Kamra Aeronautical Complex. (ANI)
- Pak launches avionics production line for JF-17 Thunder combat aircraft - May 29, 2010
- Pak to send JF-17 combat jets for Farnborough Air Show in Britain - Jul 17, 2010
- Nine die in terror attack at Pakistan's key airbase (Second Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Pilot dies as Pakistani Air Force trainer crashes (Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Pakistan displays fighter aircraft at Dubai air show - Nov 14, 2011
- Pak to roll out first indigenous JF-17 from month end: PAF chief - Nov 08, 2009
- Pakistan commits to Chinese surface-to-air missile systems - Nov 18, 2010
- Pakistan to get 50 fighter jets from China - May 19, 2011
- Pakistan to start production of JF-17 combat jets - Jun 30, 2009
- Militants attack Pakistan air base - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistan Air Force inducts first JF-17 combat jet squadron - Feb 18, 2010
- Pakistan rolls out fighter jet produced with Chinese assistance - Nov 23, 2009
- Indigenously manufactured Chinese JF-17 Thunder fighter plane joins Pak Air Force - Feb 19, 2010
- Pakistan gets upgraded F-16s from Turkey - Feb 25, 2012
- Pakistan to station JF-17 combat jets at Peshawar - Apr 17, 2009
Tags: air forces, air marshal, air staff, batch production, central command, combat capability, deputy chief, fighter aircraft, international monitors, jf 17 thunder, new aircraft, operational capability, paf base, pakistan air force, qamar, serial production, staff operations, suleiman, testing and evaluation, warplanes