Pak team inspects Baglihar hydro-electric power projectOctober 20th, 2008 - 10:23 pm ICT by ANI
Jammu, Oct 20 (ANI): A Pakistani team on Monday inspected the 450-MW Baglihar hydro-electric power project on river Chenab here, the second time in less than three months.
The three-member team, led by Central Water Commission (Indus Water Treaty) Commissioner Syed Jamait Ali Shah, inspected the project for five hours, official sources said.
The Pakistani team, accompanied by India officials, recorded water levels and outflows into river Chenab besides checking storage capacity of the dam.
The Pakistani team, which also included Sheeraz Ahmed and Mirza Asif Baigh, analysed the data provided by India during initial filling of the dam.
The Indian team comprised Indus Water Treaty (Central Water Commission) Commissioner G Ranganathan, T K Mehta, K Sahu and K Verma.
During the inspection, the Pak team told its Indian counterparts that according to the Indus Water Treaty, 55,000 cusecs of water should flow into Pakistan.
The Pakistani team had visited the dam in July this year and submitted its report to concerned authorities after a thorough inspection. (ANI)
- Pakistani team inspects artificial lake site in Jammu - Feb 20, 2011
- Arbitration team visits Kashmir power project site - Jun 18, 2011
- Dissatisfied Pakistani team returns after water talks with India - Jun 03, 2010
- India, Pakistan commissioners on Indus water meet in Delhi - May 31, 2010
- Pakistan team to visit Baglihar dam today - Oct 20, 2008
- Pakistan team to visit Baglihar dam on Monday - Oct 19, 2008
- 'Floods maroon Pakistani villages as India releases Sutlej water' - Aug 21, 2011
- Kashmir hydro project faces delay due to Pakistan (Lead) - Nov 18, 2010
- Kashmir's economic growth depends on power: Omar - Sep 04, 2012
- Pakistan officials inspect Baglihar dam in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 20, 2008
- Pak has no objection to two power projects in J-K - Jun 01, 2010
- India rejects Pakistan's demand for Chenab flow compensation - Oct 25, 2008
- 'Hydel agreements in Kashmir need renegotiation' - May 23, 2012
- 'Indus water shortage has affected both India, Pakistan' - Feb 10, 2010
- Pakistan to seek compensation for Baglihar dam - Nov 12, 2008
Tags: ali shah, asif, baglihar, central water, cusecs, hydro electric power, indian counterparts, indus water treaty, less than three months, mehta, member team, pak team, ranganathan, river chenab, sahu, sheeraz, storage capacity, treaty commissioner, water commission, water levels