Pak Taliban chief Mehsud seriously ill, slips into comaSeptember 28th, 2008 - 12:16 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar, Sep 28 (ANI): Baitullah Mehsud, the head of the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), has once again fallen seriously ill, leading to convergence of the top leadership of the TTP at Makeen area of South Waziristan Agency.
The sources said Baitullah Mehsud, who is suffering from high level of diabetes, had once again suffered a serious attack, causing a lot of concerns among the TTP leaders.
This time also he seems to have gone into coma, The News quoted the sources, as saying.
Militant commanders have rushed to Makeen after receiving the information about bad health condition of their top commander (Amir), the sources said.
Last time the TTP Shura meeting was called after Mehsud went into coma. His condition was reportedly so bad that the meeting was about to nominate a new Amir.
However, he regained consciousness and made a swift recovery, the sources added.
This time, however, his condition may be more serious as his kidneys have failed because of the high level of sugar. (ANI)
- Pak Taliban claims Baitullah Mehsud is alive - Oct 01, 2008
- Mehsud, Fazalullah shift their base to North Waziristan - Jun 21, 2009
- Pakistani Taliban confirm Baitullah Mehsud's death - Aug 25, 2009
- Pak Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud dies of illness - Oct 01, 2008
- Drone strike didn't kill top leader: Pakistani Taliban - Jan 16, 2012
- Pakistan Taliban kill five soldiers - Oct 15, 2010
- US' blacklisting of Pak Taliban 'suicide boss' Qari Hussain shows he may still be alive - Jan 22, 2011
- US doubtful about winning war on Pakistan border - Dec 06, 2010
- Young slayer takes up reins of Pakistani Taliban - Aug 30, 2009
- TTP planning terror attacks on Muharram processions through IEDs - Dec 15, 2010
- Pak Army ahead of schedule in Swat operation, claims official - May 27, 2009
- Prove Baitullah Mehsud is alive, Pakistan tells Taliban - Aug 11, 2009
- Taliban leader Baitullah Mehsud's brother killed in Pak - Nov 01, 2010
- Rival Taliban leaders killed at meeting to pick Baitullah's successor (Lead) - Aug 09, 2009
- Mehsud's death will be confirmed after receiving 'solid evidence': Malik - Aug 11, 2009