Pak Taliban chief Mehsud declared proclaimed offender in Sherpao attack caseOctober 23rd, 2008 - 12:43 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar , Oct 23 (ANI): An anti-terrorism court in Pakistan has declared Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) chief Baitullah Mehsud and two of his commanders as proclaimed offenders (POs), in connection with suicide attack on Pakistan Peoples Party-Sherpao chief Aftab Khan Sherpao in Charsadda last year.
The court also issued non-bailable warrants in the name of the three.
Peshawar Anti-Terrorism Court (ATC) judge Shamshir Ali Khan fixed October 24 as the date of hearing against TTP activist Mohammad Saeed in the April 28, 2007 attack that had killed 34 people.
The Police had arrested Charsadda resident Saeed after the blast and charged Mehsud and his two commanders, Shahjehan and Zubeer Swati.
The ATC judge had issued notices to Mehsud and his accomplices to appear before the court, but they did not respond. Previously, the Rawalpindi ATC judge had also issued non-bailabale arrest warrants against Mehsud and three of his associates for their alleged involvement in the assassination of former prime minister Benazir Bhutto.
The Punjab Law Department has sent the warrants to the FATA secretary for further action. The Rawalpindi ATC had also issued non-bailable warrants against Mehsud and four associates Ikramullah, Faiz Ahmad, Qari Nazir and Qari Ismail for alleged involvement in last years bombing of a police picket at Rawalpindis Golf Road and an Army Medical College bus near the General Headquarters. (ANI)
- Anti-Terrorism Court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf in Benazir murder case - Feb 12, 2011
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Musharraf's arrest warrant issued for 'third time' in Benazir murder case - Mar 05, 2011
- Pak court directs FIA to implement Musharraf's arrest warrant in BB murder case - Apr 09, 2011
- FIA asks Pak court to declare Musharraf 'absconder' in Benazir murder case - Apr 24, 2011
- Pak probe agency gets 15 days to produce Musharraf in court in BB murder case - Mar 06, 2011
- Musharraf to defy Pak court's non-bailable arrest warrant in Benazir murder case - Feb 13, 2011
- Musharraf charged with providing Baitullah with 'opportunity to murder Benazir' - Feb 12, 2011
- Pak Govt to tap Interpol for Musharraf's return in BB murder case if court directs so - Feb 13, 2011
- Pakistan court issues arrest warrant for Musharraf - Feb 13, 2011
- Pakistan has not yet requested Britain for Musharraf's extradition: Cameron - Apr 06, 2011
- Musharraf's interview presented in court in connection with Benazir assassination case - Apr 23, 2011
- Benazir assassination case: Pak to seek Interpol help in netting Musharraf - Mar 27, 2011
- CBI seeks fresh warrant to arrest Nupur Talwar - Apr 18, 2012
- FIA sends Musharraf's arrest warrant to Pak High Commission in London - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: accomplices, aftab khan sherpao, ali khan, army medical, baitullah mehsud, benazir bhutto, faiz ahmad, former prime minister, general headquarters, golf road, ismail, nazir, pakistan peoples party, proclaimed offenders, qari, rawalpindi, saeed, shamshir, suicide attack, ttp