Pak summons US envoy to lodge strong protest against air-strikesOctober 30th, 2008 - 1:46 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad , Oct 30 (ANI): Pakistan reportedly summoned US Ambassador Anne Patterson last evening and lodged a strong protest against the continued air strikes by US drones inside Pakistani territory, thereby violating its sovereignty.
The US envoy was told that the missile attacks had resulted in the loss of lives and property.
The US ambassador was called to the Foreign Office today and a strong protest was lodged against the continued missile attacks by US drones inside Pakistani territory, the Daily Times quoted a Foreign Office spokesperson as saying.
The Foreign Office said such attacks were a violation of Pakistan s sovereignty and should be stopped immediately.
On the occasion, a copy of the resolution adopted by the Senate on October 27 condemning the attacks was also handed to the ambassador.
Pakistan also said that the US attacks undermined public support for the governments anti-terrorism efforts. (ANI)
- Pakistan summons US envoy over drone strikes - Jun 05, 2012
- Pakistan lodges strong protest with US over Angoor Adda drone attack - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan summons US envoy to protest raid that killed Osama - May 12, 2011
- Pakistan Army protests NATO incursion - May 17, 2011
- Pakistan urging 'friends' to pressurise US to end drone attacks: Gilani - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan lodges protest with US over drone strike - Apr 14, 2011
- Pakistan willing to discuss alternatives to drone strikes - May 04, 2012
- Pakistan summons US diplomat to protest drone strikes - Aug 23, 2012
- US drone attacks in Pak no solution to terrorism: Nawaz Sharif - Apr 09, 2011
- Pakistani leaders harp on US apology for NATO air strike (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- US-NATO 'apologies' over cross-border raids 'victory' for Pak: Malik - Oct 09, 2010
- US apologises to Pak over NATO cross-border helicopter attack - Oct 07, 2010
- All options open to defend Pak from US incursions: Malik - Oct 09, 2010
- WikiLeaks: Kayani wanted more US drone support - May 20, 2011
- US in no mood to tender apology to Pakistan over 41 civilian drone attack casualties - Mar 22, 2011
Tags: air strikes, ambassador, anne patterson, drones, foreign office, governments, missile attacks, oct 30, october 27, office today, pakistan, pakistani territory, protest, senate, sovereignty, spokesperson, summons, terrorism