Pak singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested after detentionFebruary 14th, 2011 - 5:41 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb 14 (ANI): The Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) on Monday arrested Pakistani singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, a day after he was detained at Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport for possessing illegal foreign currency.
According to reports, Rahat will be produced in the Patiala House court later in the day.
Earlier today, revenue intelligence officials questioned the singer extensively to find out where the money came from and why it was not declared.
Khan was detained on Sunday for allegedly attempting to leave the country with over 124,000 dollars.
Indian laws allow up to 5,000 dollars in cash, or 10,000 dollars in traveller’s cheques to be taken abroad.
Khan, along with his troupe of about 20 people, was scheduled to fly to Lahore on a Emirates flight after a series of performances in India. (ANI)
- Pak singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan released, cannot leave India - Feb 14, 2011
- Malik asks for details of Pak singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan's Delhi airport detention - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistani singer Rahat Ali Khan, manager fined Rs. 15 lakh - Feb 20, 2011
- Goa's Education Minister detained at Mumbai airport - Apr 02, 2011
- Rahat's visa to be extended for probe - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat Ali's arrest in India 'conspiracy against Pakistani artistes', claims Pak MPA - Feb 19, 2011
- Rahat, manager fined Rs.1.5 each - Feb 20, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested, to be produced in court (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat's visa to be extended, Pakistan thanks India for release (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat freed, but asked to stay in India pending probe (Intro Night Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Pakistan minister thanks Chidambaram for Rahat release - Feb 15, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan arrested - Feb 14, 2011
- Rahat mulls legal action against Indian officials - Feb 23, 2011
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan freed - Feb 14, 2011
- Investigators still quizzing Rahat Fateh Ali Khan - Feb 14, 2011
Tags: dri, emirates, fateh ali khan, feb 14, fly, foreign currency, India, indira gandhi, indira gandhi international airport, intelligence officials, money, New Delhi, pakistani singer, patiala house court, rahat fateh ali, rahat fateh ali khan, revenue intelligence, traveller