Pak should act under international law: Anand SharmaMarch 19th, 2009 - 9:27 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 19 (ANI): Union Minister of State for External Affairs Anand Sharma on Thursday said the Pakistan authorities should take action under the international law and the bilateral assurances given by them.
It is the duty of Pakistan to take action under international law and the bilateral assurances and treaties that have been given, Sharma said at a press conference here.
Sharma claimed that within two weeks of the Mumbai terror attacks; the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) had identified the organisations and individuals responsible for perpetrating the attack in Mumbai.
It was within two weeks that the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) met and passed a resolution, which had never happened before- identifying and naming the organisations responsible for perpetrating the Mumbai terror attacks. It was again for the first time that the UNSC accepted the names of organisation, which India had given and the names of the individuals who were masterminds behind this audacious attack. They have been named as international terrorist by the Security Council, he said.
The Minister again appealed to Pakistan to take further steps to dismantle the terror infrastructure on its soil.
Pakistan has admitted that the conspiracy was hatched on its soil. The only solution now is to dismantle the terror infrastructure, he said. (ANI)
- India, Russia focus on UN's draft Comprehensive Convention to fight terrorism - Dec 21, 2010
- India to push for global counter-terrorism convention at UN - Sep 17, 2011
- India, US to boost security cooperation (Roundup) - May 27, 2011
- Congress pats UPA for India's global stature, talks tough on Pakistani terror (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- India, US send strong signals to Pakistan, Iran (Roundup) - May 08, 2012
- UNSC slams Bulgaria bombing - Jul 20, 2012
- US pushes India on n-liability law, Pakistan on 26/11 trial (Roundup) - Jul 19, 2011
- In security talks with US, India terms Pakistan fragile state (Intro Roundup) - May 27, 2011
- Iran, Pakistan on anvil as Clinton and Krishna meet (Afternoon Lead) - May 08, 2012
- 26/11 justice elusive, India-Pakistan talks on ice - Nov 25, 2010
- Bring Mumbai attackers to justice: EU to Pakistan (Lead) - Dec 10, 2010
- Pakistan must deliver on assurance to fight terror: Congress - Dec 20, 2010
- US pushes India on n-liability law, talks tough on Pakistan (Evening Lead) - Jul 19, 2011
- India's concerns on terrorism clearly stated to Pakistan: Krishna - Feb 26, 2010
- USINPAC welcomes Obama's endorsement of India for the permanent UNSC membership - Nov 09, 2010
Tags: assurances, authorities, conspiracy, external affairs, India, infrastructure, minister of state, mumbai, nations security council, organisations, pakistan, soil, terror attacks, terrorist, treaties, union minister, united nations, united nations security, united nations security council, unsc