Pak security forces kill 35 Taliban in Bajaur air-strikesOctober 24th, 2008 - 11:28 am ICT by ANI
Peshawar , Oct 24 (ANI): At least 35 Taliban were killed in the Bajaur Agency when Pakistan security forces carried out ground and air strikes there last evening, Frontier Constabulary (FC) sources said.
Jet fighters continued targeting suspected Taliban hideouts in Loyesam and Charmang, they said and added that eight associates of Taliban commander Maulvi Omer were killed in an attack on a hideout in Badan.
Ground forces pounded the Taliban positions with artillery late on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, curfew was imposed in Sadiqabad, Sunday Morr and Nawakaly areas of the agency headquarters Khar.
Security forces are constantly making advancements the FC officials said, and had strengthened their positions in the strategically important Loyesam town establishing checkpoints.
Meanwhile, a Salarzai tribal militia burnt down houses of Taliban men, including commander Qari Gulrez. The tribe has banned the entry of relatives of Taliban in the areas it controls and has said it would expel, fine, and burn houses of those who sheltered Taliban.
Besides, the political administration razed the house of an unidentified Taliban commander in the Sidiqabad locality. (ANI)
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- 15 Taliban killed as Pak troops target their hideouts in Bajaur - Oct 21, 2008
- 15 Pak FC soldiers found dead in Swat - Oct 23, 2008
- Troops kill 30 militants in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2010
- Pak security forces kill 22 militants in Bajaur - Nov 22, 2008
- Terrorists infiltrating into Pak through Afghan border: Malik - Jul 12, 2010
- Pak Taliban take control of suburbs in Khar - Aug 11, 2008
- NATO air strike kills 17 Afghans - Jun 06, 2012
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- 27 killed after fighter jets bomb Taliban hideout in Swat - Oct 20, 2008
- Suicide attack in Pakistan affront to humanity: Obama (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Terrorists blow up two schools in Pak's Bajaur Agency - Oct 24, 2010
- Top Pak Taliban commanders among 30 extremists reportedly killed in FATA - Mar 06, 2010
- No talks with Taliban: Rehman Malik - Dec 12, 2011
Tags: agency headquarters, artillery, bajaur agency, checkpoints, frontier, hideout, hideouts, jet fighters, locality, militia, morr, pakistan, peshawar, political administration, qari, relatives, security forces, taliban, taliban commander, tribe