Pak security forces kill 22 militants in BajaurNovember 22nd, 2008 - 4:23 pm ICT by ANI
Khar (Pakistan), Nov 22 (ANI): Twenty-two militants were killed and five others sustained injuries when Pakistani security forces pounded the hideouts of suspected militants in the Damadola area of troubled Bajaur Agency.
Sources said security forces pounded the hideouts of militants in Damadola, Tanikhwar, Sapray, Charmang, Kotki, Zorbandar, Glokas Shenkot, Kharkay and Gutki areas of Mamond and Nawagai Tehsils on Friday.
Security forces have claimed to have destroyed most of the hideouts of militants during the daylong operation, adding that the writ of the government has been restored in most parts of the troubled agency.
Meanwhile, the banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has denied its involvement in an attack on a mosque in the Badan area of the Mamond Tehsil of Bajaur Agency.
TTP spokesman Maulvi Omar claimed: Taliban cannot even think of committing such an act in the mosque as we do not believe in assault.
The TTP is in favour of resolving issues through talks and Taliban have made an offer of talks but the government does not respond, he said, adding that the TTP was sincere in holding talks with the government.
The death toll in Thursdays suicide attack has risen to 12, officials said on Friday.
An anti-militant tribal elder, Haji Rehmatullah, who was also killed in the attack, ran the mosque. (ANI)
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Pak security forces capture strategic hilltop in Bajaur defeating Taliban - Feb 02, 2010
- Taliban militants destroy another girls' school in FATA - Jul 12, 2010
- Pak security forces gun down 19 more militants in Bajaur Agency - Sep 14, 2008
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- Top Pak Taliban commanders among 30 extremists reportedly killed in FATA - Mar 06, 2010
- 15 Pak FC soldiers found dead in Swat - Oct 23, 2008
- After girls school, now Taliban destroys two boys school in Bajaur - May 03, 2010
- 14 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency - Oct 15, 2008
- Pakistan mosque blast toll reaches 36 - Feb 18, 2012
- Seven militants killed in northwestern Pakistan - Nov 25, 2008
- Pak Army claims killing 60 more Taliban in Malakand - Jun 13, 2009
- Taliban stronghold in Bajaur falls, Pak forces plan Khyber offensive - Mar 03, 2010
- Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed - Jul 05, 2010