Pak security forces gun down 19 more militants in Bajaur AgencySeptember 14th, 2008 - 6:06 pm ICT by ANI
Peshawar , Sept 14 (ANI): After eliminating more than 70 terrorists yesterday in the Bajaur Agency, the Pakistani security forces today claimed to have killed 19 more militants in the tribal area.
According to The News, security forces conducted air attacks on militant hideouts in various parts of the Agency.
Jet planes and gun-ship helicopters were used in the attacks that inflicted heavy casualties on the militants in Tang Khatta, Shakai and Lowi Sam areas of the Agency, added the paper.
After having consolidated their positions in Lowi Sam, the security forces were now advancing towards the strongholds of Taliban in the mountainous areas of Charmang, Nawagai, Mamond and Tehsils.
Many terrorist hideouts were also destroyed in the air attacks.
Moreover, curfew is still in place in Inayat Kalay area of Bajaur Agency as shelling from gun-ship helicopters continued.
Due to the curfew, markets and business centers remained closed and people were facing difficulties in buying food and other essential commodities. (ANI)
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Pak security forces capture strategic hilltop in Bajaur defeating Taliban - Feb 02, 2010
- Helicopter gunship attacks kill six militants in Pak's Kurram region - Mar 06, 2011
- 20 militants killed in Pakistan - Nov 16, 2011
- 50 militants killed in Pakistan - Apr 08, 2011
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- Taliban militants destroy another girls' school in FATA - Jul 12, 2010
- 34 militants killed in Pakistan (Lead) - Feb 18, 2012
- Eight militants killed in Pakistan's tribal areas - Jun 11, 2010
- 14 Taliban killed in Bajaur Agency - Oct 15, 2008
- Pak security forces raid militant hideouts in Bajaur Agency - Nov 06, 2008
- 23 militants killed in Pakistan's Orakzai region - May 09, 2010
- 10 soldiers, 40 militants killed in Pakistan clash - Jan 31, 2012
- 3 militiamen, over 20 militants killed in Pakistan clashes - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: bajaur agency, business centers, commodities, curfew, gun down, gun ship, heavy casualties, helicopters, jet planes, lowi, militants, mountainous areas, security forces, shakai, strongholds, taliban, tang, terrorist hideouts, terrorists, tribal area