Pak scribes anticipate imminent crackdown on mediaMay 12th, 2008 - 5:28 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad , May 12 (ANI): Leading media persons in Pakistan are reportedly apprehending a crackdown within a week or ten days for conspiring against the elected government or the Presidency.
If a report in The News is to be believed, lists of troublemaker media persons are being compiled and the intelligence sleuths are being assigned to straighten out the crooked pen pushers.
Some media houses have been pinpointed for “conspiring” against the elected government and are being warned to get ready for another round of beating, while the stage is being set to teach the unrepentant media a lesson, said the report.
It quoted several leading Pakistani journalists apprehending fears of being hounded once again in the 60 years of Pakistani polity.
Nusrat Javeed said that the crackdown on media is just round the corner, and added it might strike the media in just a few days. He was of the view that a ‘financial emergency’ was likely to be imposed to attain the objectives of the vested interests, said the report.
Similarly, Hamid Mir, host of a popular TV show and a senior columnist, was aso certain that the D-day was just 10 days away. The list of five marked journalists had swelled to 17 and possibly included the names of most of those invited to the lunch, he said.
According to Hamid, amongst the media houses Geo News, The News and Aaj Television were said to be the first in the firing line. Our Group Editor Shaheen Sehbai perhaps had some clear picture of what was simmering against the media but for being a man of few words he kept his secrets to himself, he said. (ANI)
- Pakistani journalist Hamid Mir to get security - Dec 23, 2011
- Imran Khan criticises PPP govt for threatening journalists - Dec 23, 2009
- Pak media publish 'fake' WikiLeaks cables attacking India for false propoganda - Dec 10, 2010
- Journalist killed in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2012
- Pakistani Taliban claims responsibility for scribe's murder - Jan 19, 2012
- 12,000 fugitive killing suspects held in China - Dec 18, 2011
- China to crackdown on journalistic malpractices - May 04, 2012
- Journalist shot dead in Pakistan - Aug 15, 2011
- 'Ally McBeal' Actress Jane Krakowski Pregnant With First Child - Jan 09, 2011
- Nusrat Bhutto dies, Pakistan declares mourning - Oct 23, 2011
- Pakistan-India uninterrupted and uninterruptible dialogue, impossible - Jul 06, 2010
- Hina Rabbani Khar may be sacked: Report - Apr 10, 2012
- Top ISI official faces grilling over providing content for BB murder press conference - Mar 15, 2011
- 'Bol' - speak up for this little (IANS Movie Review) - Aug 31, 2011
- Pakistani, Chinese air forces conduct joint exercise - Mar 19, 2011
Tags: being a man, columnist, d day, fears, few days, financial emergency, firing line, geo news, group editor, imminent crackdown, lunch, man of few words, media houses, media persons, pak scribes, pakistani journalists, polity, popular tv show, presidency, sleuths