Pak plans a major crackdown on Taliban in FATASeptember 29th, 2008 - 11:04 am ICT by ANI
Peshawar , Sept 29 (ANI): The Pakistan Government is learnt to have chalked out a decisive plan to launch a major crackdown on Taliban in the Tribal Areas. But, the actual implementation of the plan would depend on the availability of men and material, said a government official.
The government understands that it is time to launch a crackdown against the Taliban before it is too late, the Daily Times quoted an unidentified senior government official as saying. He, however, refused to give the exact date for launching the operation.
Troops are presently engaged at several fronts like Bajaur, Waziristan , Swat, Darra Adam Khel and most recently in Shabqadar area of Charsadda. Decisive action would be taken to curb terrorists activities in Mohmand, Jamrud, Landi Kotal and other areas, he said, adding that it did not mean that the government was not planning action against Taliban in other areas.
The official, whose identity was kept secret, said that the government had been told that any delay at this juncture would amount to inviting bigger trouble in the future. Therefore, we have to go all-out against those disturbing peace in any area. Action must be taken before its too late. Its now or never, he said, and added that the recent operation in Shabqadar was part of the governments resolve to the purge all areas of Taliban. (ANI)
- One policeman killed in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Nov 12, 2011
- Taliban blow up two girls' schools in Pakistan - Mar 25, 2011
- 16 killed, dozens injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- Taliban destroy five govt schools in Pak tribal region for imparting "unIslamic teachings" - Feb 27, 2011
- Militants blow up school, set ablaze tankers in Pakistan - Apr 05, 2010
- Two kids killed in Pakistan blast - Dec 31, 2011
- Terrorists infiltrating into Pak through Afghan border: Malik - Jul 12, 2010
- Taliban sympathisers may be present within Pak security forces: Editorial - Dec 08, 2010
- NATO helicopters again violate Pak air space - Dec 27, 2010
- Troops kill 30 militants in Pakistan - Mar 05, 2010
- Pakistani tribesmen kill 15 militants (Lead) - Jul 14, 2009
- Taliban 'captures' dozens of Pak soldiers in FATA - Jun 17, 2010
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Pakistani tribesmen, military kill 32 Taliban (Second Lead) - Jul 14, 2009
- Pakistani Taliban leader possibly killed in U.S. drone strike - Jan 16, 2012
Tags: crackdown, decisive action, decisive plan, fata, government official, governments, implementation, jamrud, juncture, operation troops, pakistan government, peace, peshawar, purge, swat, taliban, terrorists, tribal areas