Pak intruder killed near R.S.Pura border in JammuJanuary 17th, 2010 - 3:37 pm ICT by ANI
By Tahir Nadeem Khan
Arnia (Jammu), Jan 17 (ANI): A Pakistani intruder was shot dead by Border Security Force (BSF) personnel on Sunday morning after he refused to surrender in the Arnia sector of R.S.Pura in Jammu.
Firing started on the International Border (IB) at the Chowni Border Out Post (BoP) area of Arnia sub-Sector in R.S.Pura, 43 kilometers from here around 2.45 a.m. on Sunday.
The security personnel noticed a group of suspected militants moving near the zero line from Harnawali Post of Pakistan.
BSF officials said the intruder sneaked 30 meters into the Indian territory from Harnawali Post of Pakistan, just three kilometers from Arnia village, and was asked by the force to surrender.
However, when he refused to do so, the BSF opened fire, killing him on the spot. However, an accomplice, who was hiding in the grass, managed to escape back into Pakistan.
BSF soldier Vijay Kumar said: ” I saw the man moving towards us and a group was hiding behind. First I tracked him, and then I let him come as he was moving on the Zero Line. At first, I took him to be a Pakistani Ranger, but when he crossed to the Indian side, I aimed at him, and after taking permission from my company commander, I fired at him.”
This is the sixth infiltration bid during January along the Indo-Pak border in Jammu.The infiltration bids are taking place despite a ceasefire between the two armies and a three-metre (yard) high barbed wire security-fence along most of the 742-km (460-mile) LoC 202 -km IB.
Pakistan has consistently denied its involvement in abetting the anti-India insurgency movement that has killed over 47,000 people. (ANI)
- BSF guns down another infiltrator along the India-Pakistan border - Jan 17, 2010
- Pakistani intruder killed in Kashmir - May 10, 2010
- Can't rule out more border tunnels: Home secretary - Aug 24, 2012
- Pakistani Rangers fire at Indian posts in Jammu - Aug 06, 2012
- Intruder killed on India-Pakistan border - Jan 26, 2012
- BSF foils infiltration bid in Pargwal sector of Akhnoor near Jammu - Jan 09, 2010
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- BSF guns down Pakistani intruder near Jammu - Mar 28, 2010
- Can't rule out more border tunnels: Home secretary (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- BSF trooper killed on India-Pakistan border - May 14, 2011
- Pakistani firing seeks to push terrorists into Kashmir - Aug 23, 2012
- BSF officer killed in firing from Pakistan side - Sep 20, 2011
- BSF celebrates Eid, Holi at Jammu border - Feb 28, 2010
- BSF foils infiltration bid on J-K border - Jan 26, 2010
Tags: accomplice, arnia, barbed wire, border security force, ceasefire, company commander, indian territory, infiltration, insurgency, international border, intruder, jammu, nadeem khan, pak border, pura, security fence, security personnel, tahir, vijay kumar, zero line