Pak Interior Minister meets Shivraj PatilNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:47 am ICT by admin
During the 30-minute meeting, the two leaders felt that the ongoing confidence building measures (CBMs) between the two countries should be increased.
The Interior Minister of Afghanistan, Zarar Ahmed Moqbel, also met Patil. The two leaders discussed issues of bilateral interest and SAARC related matters, and measures to promote peace and tranquility in the region.
Both the visiting leaders are in Delhi to attend the second meeting of SAARC Home/Interior Ministers, which will be held tomorrow.
The Second Meeting of SAARC Home Secretaries was held today, during which all member countries were convinced that terrorism, drug offences, trafficking in human beings and arms smuggling were challenges to the entire region and have to be fought jointly. (ANI)
- Pakistan, India hold talks on CBMs - Dec 26, 2011
- Foreign secretaries meet on agenda for Manmohan-Gilani meeting - Nov 08, 2011
- Chidambaram in Thimphu for SAARC security conference - Jul 22, 2011
- New visa regime to top India-Pakistan talks - Sep 05, 2012
- India-Pakistan ties: A year of building trust (Yearender) - Dec 19, 2011
- India, Pakistan to renew n-accidents pact - Dec 27, 2011
- Pakistan's business community welcomes talks with India - Feb 07, 2010
- Chidambaram optimistic about India-Pakistan meet - Apr 30, 2012
- India asks Pakistan to declare its n-doctrine, join FMCT - Dec 29, 2011
- PM heads to SAARC summit Wednesday, spotlight on Gilani meeting - Nov 08, 2011
- India pushes for 26/11 CBM, Pakistan rejects state role (Evening Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- India, Pakistan to sign 'liberalised' visa agreement (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- India, Pakistan to review CBMs Monday - Dec 24, 2011
- Chidambaram, Malik co-travellers for SAARC security conference (Roundup) - Jul 22, 2011
- Pakistan views talks with India as positive: Khar - Nov 11, 2011
Tags: afghanistan, ahmed, cbms, challenges, confidence building, drug offences, home interior, human beings, interior minister, interior ministers, measures, member countries, patil, peace and tranquility, saarc, secretaries, trafficking