Pak-India-UK Forum condemns Mumbai terror strikeNovember 29th, 2008 - 5:45 pm ICT by ANI
London/New Delhi, Nov.29 (ANI): The Pakistan, India and UK Friendship Forum has strongly condemned the terrorist strikes in Mumbai that claimed over 150 lives and injured over 290.
“We strongly condemn these cowardly and barbaric acts and the carnage and mayhem inflicted on the innocent people going about their business in Mumbai. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the friends and families of those injured and killed. Terrorists have no religion except to terrorize people regardless. Their prime aim is to kill as many innocent people as they possibly can and to further their agenda with violence, death and destruction,” the forum said in a statement.
“This is because they cannot achieve their aims on their merits in a secular and democratic India, where equality for all is enshrined in the constitution regardless of colour or religion. These terrorists can only fail as their actions result in the following: Firstly, they are uniting Indians and India with the rest of the world. Secondly, they expose their cowardly ways to the civilized world and only serve to defeat their own objectives. History has shown that India has always emerged united and stronger after atrocities committed against her people,” it further said.
“If these terrorists feel that they can derail the peace process underway between the people of India and Pakistan, then they are wrong. Their actions will actually help hasten this process by showing what is in store if people of both countries don”t unite to fight this menace. It is now clear that no country is safe from such barbaric and inhumane acts perpetrated by a misguided few. The people of the world must unite to fight this evil. This is our common war and we can defeat them,” it added. (ANI)
- Iran terms Mumbai blasts mindless, cowardly - Jul 15, 2011
- Obama condemns 'outrageous' suicide attack in northwestern Pak - Dec 26, 2010
- No religion preaches terror: Rahul Gandhi - Jan 29, 2011
- International community strongly condemns Moscow terror attack - Jan 25, 2011
- Canada stands by India, says terrorism is 'alive and active' - Jul 14, 2011
- Zardari, Gilani condemn Lahore blasts - Jul 02, 2010
- Delhi blast a heinous attack: Sarkozy - Sep 07, 2011
- Parliament, politicians condemn Delhi terror attack (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2011
- Pakistan determined to defeat terrorism: Zardari - Aug 20, 2011
- India-Pakistan citizens to form human chain for peace - Jul 15, 2011
- Ban on outsourcing to have little impact on Indo-US trade partnership, says Roemer - Sep 10, 2010
- UAE condemns Turkey suicide blast - Oct 31, 2010
- Sri Lanka condemns Mumbai blasts - Jul 14, 2011
- G8 stands with Russia in fight against terrorism - Mar 30, 2010
- EU condemns attacks on Israeli diplomats - Feb 14, 2012
Tags: atrocities, barbaric acts, carnage, civilized world, death and destruction, democratic india, equality, firstly, friendship forum, india and pakistan, inhumane acts, mayhem, merits, mumbai terror attack, New Delhi, pakistan india, peace process, prime aim, rest of the world, thoughts and prayers, uk forum