Pak hockey players get show-cause notice over WSH contractsApril 25th, 2011 - 1:38 pm ICT by ANI
Lahore, Apr 25(ANI): The Pakistan Hockey Federation (PHF) has issued show cause notices to hockey stars Rehan Butt, Wasim Ahmad and Shakeel Abbasi for entering into contracts with the planned World Series of Hockey (WSH) in India.
PHF Secretary Asif Bajwa said the three players, who were at the training camp set up for the Azlan Shah Tournament, had been issued notices to explain their position.
“The PHF executive council took a very clear decision recently that since the WSH is not sanctioned by the International Hockey Federation or its affiliated units, it will not be recognized by us,” The Nation quoted Bajwa, as saying.
“As per the council’s decision we have asked Butt, Wasim and Abbasi to explain if they have any contracts with the WSH and if so they are willing to break this association with the organizers of the unsanctioned event,” he added.
Bajwa further made it clear that if the three top players didn’t clarify their positions they would not be selected for the Azlan Shah tournament.
The squad for the tournament will be announced on April 28. (ANI)
- PHF issues show cause notices to three key players - Apr 24, 2011
- Pakistani hockey players could face action for ties with WSH - Apr 24, 2011
- PHF warns hockey players to leave 'controversial league' WSH or face action - Apr 22, 2011
- pakistan fines rebel hockey players, spares them ban - May 31, 2012
- Pakistan recall rebel hockey players for Euro tour - Jun 08, 2012
- Pakistan's Shakeel Abbasi braves ban to play in WSH - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistan determined to win Azlan Shah Cup, says Imran - May 01, 2011
- Pakistan drop seniors for Asian Champions Trophy hockey - Aug 19, 2011
- PHF warns players to stay away from World Series Hockey - Nov 15, 2011
- 'PHF negating 2012 Olympics vision by selecting senior players for Azlan Shah Cup' - Apr 30, 2011
- Pakistan omit skipper Imran and Waseem from Olympic hockey probables - Feb 18, 2012
- Veteran Zeeshan Ashraf left out of Pakistan hockey squad - May 21, 2011
- Shakeel Abbasi to lead Pakistan hockey team, Sohail Abbas back - Oct 11, 2011
- Pakistan orders probe into hockey team's poor performance - Jun 06, 2012
- Six top Indian hockey players pull out of WSH - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: abbasi, ahmad, asif, azlan shah tournament, bajwa, butt, contracts, executive council, hockey players, hockey stars, India, international hockey federation, organizers, pakistan, phf, shakeel, training camp, world series, world series of hockey, wsh